Fender Billy Corgan Stratocaster
Fender announces its new Artist Series guitar, a Stratocaster designed to the specifications of the Smashing Pumpkins' frontman and six-stringer, Billy Corgan.
The Billy Corgan Stratocaster is a Strat designed for the new millennium and built for modern high-gain sound. Made to Corgan's exact specs to recreate his famous mid-'90s buzzsaw tone, this instrument features three DiMarzio® pickups (two of them custom-made for this instrument), a string-through hardtail bridge and a satin nitrocellulose lacquer finish. This model comes with a vintage tweed case.
- Body: Alder
- Finish: Satin Lacquer
- Neck: Maple
- Fingerboard: Maple 9.5"
- Frets: 22 Jumbo Frets
- Scale Length: 25.5"
- Hardware: Chrome
- Tuning Keys: Fender® Standard Cast/Sealed Tuning Machines
- Bridge: Modern Hard Tail Bridge
- Pickguard: 3 Ply Black/White/Black on (805) Olympic White; 3-Ply White/Black/White on (806) Black
- Pickups: Special Design Dimarzio® Billy Corgan Single Spaced Humbucking Neck Pickup, Dimarzio® ChopperTM Middle Pickup, Special Design Dimarzio® Billy Corgan Single Spaced Humbucking Bridge Pickup
- Pickup Switching:
Position 1. Full Humbucking Bridge Pickup
Position 2. Inside Coil of Bridge Pickup and Full Humbucking Middle Pickup
Position 3. Full Humbucking Middle Pickup
Position 4. Full Humbucking Middle Pickup and Outside Coil of Neck Pickup
Position 5. Full Humbucking Neck Pickup
- Controls: Master Volume, Tone 1 (Neck), Tone 2 (Bridge)
No price or release date available.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Gibson Robot SG Special LE Gibson Guitar has released the new limited edition Gibson Les Paul and SG Robot guitar models in a new red Metallic finish to meet continued worldwide demand and to be featured at this year's Summer NAMM show in Nashville, June 20-22, 2008.
- Martin unveils new signature models The Martin Guitar Company introduces new signature models at the 2008 Summer NAMM show, including models celebrating guitarists Tim O'Brien, Diane Ponzio and Merle Travis.
- Ernie Ball Titanium RPS Coated Electric After presenting its revolutionary titanium-coated acoustic strings at the 2008 Winter NAMM show in January, Ernie Ball/ Music Man now introduces its patented coated Titanium RPS technology adapted to electric strings, providing the same cure for problematic weakness and breakage and offering strings that resist buildup and aim at providing a clear, crisp tone gig after gig.