[NAMM] The Edge signature Stratocaster model
After joining Fender's board of directors 2 years ago, The Edge is about to release his first ever signature model - a Stratocaster.
Knowing that Bono and The Edge had both joined the brand's board of directors in May 2014, it should come as no surprise that U2's guitar player's first ever signature model guitar should be under that brand - although it's far from being the only one he has used in his extensive career. Some details have already surfaced on this signature Stratocaster model, including:
- Alder body
- Black gloss polyurethane finish
- One-piece maple neck (modern C profile) with a satin urethane finish on the back & gloss urethane finish on front
- Maple fingerboard with a 9.5"/241mm radius, 21 Medium Jumbo frets and black dot inlays
- Synthetic bone nut (1.685"/42.8mm wide)
- Deluxe Cast/Sealed Locking tuners
- 25.5”/648mm scale
- 2-point Deluxe Synchronized tremolo bridge with pop-in tremolo arm
- 3-ply, Mint Green pickguard
- 2 Custom Shop Fat 50's single coil pickups in the neck and middle positions, and one DiMarzio FS-1 single coil pickup at the bridge
- 1 volume control and 2 tone controls (one for the neck pickup, the other for both the middle and bridge ones) with Aged White plastic knobs
- 5-way switch
- Nickel/Chrome hardware
- Factory-equipped strings : Fender USA NPS (.009-.042)
- Deluxe Black Tweed Hardshell case included
While no MSRP has been announced as of yet, this model has briefly been seen available for presale for £1,259 at a UK reseller.
More details to follow for sure when the NAMM officially starts.
Viewers of this article also read...
- [NAMM] FOMOfx Virtual Jeff Australia's FOMOfx will present their electronic vibrato Virtual Jeff at the NAMM.
- [NAMM] Vigier to introduce new Supraa guitar At the NAMM, Vigier will display a prototype version of the Supraa, a new evolution of their Excalibur Supra model.
- [NAMM] Ibanez to introduce three new Mini pedals After introducing the Mini TubeScreamer at last year's NAMM, Ibanez is at it again with 3 new Mini models - a delay, a chorus & a metal distortion.