- In What Country was it made? (USA, Japan, Mexico, France...)
I believe this was made in Korea.
- How many frets, Pickup Type and Configuration?
If i remember correctly it's a 22 fret.
It has 2 single coils & one humbucker.
- What type of Bridge(Floyd, Wilkinson...)?
Oooh, now the tremolo on this is really basic, and it won't let the guitar stay in tune very well...it doesn't lock the strings at all. Best not used?
The strings go through the body, vertically, for added sustain (the guitar doesn't have much...).
- What are the setting controls (volume, tone, pickup selector position)?
1 volume, 1 tone, 5 position pickup selector.
- What type of neck?...
The neck is nice, narrow, & easy to play. It is bolted, not glued, so little sustain.
The body is nicely finished.
- Does the neck have a nice feel?
- Easy access to the top notes (last frets)?
Yes, not bad, but only 22 frets.
- Is it's design ergonomic(in terms of the shape, weight...)?
Yes, quite nice.
- Can one easily get a nice sound?...
Don't even try. A good player will make it sound ok, i can't make it sound like anything at all.
- Does it suit your style of music?
Maybe with the right effects...
- With what amp(s) or effect(s) do you use it?
I never use this, it was my first, and i have a proper guitar now.
- What kind of sounds do you get and with what settings(clean, distorted,...)?
Poor sound whatever the setting.
- What are your favorite sounds and/or least favorite?
The best sound is the humbucker, quite loud and lots of medium & treble: great for slide. But i really can't see what else this guitar could be used for. Maybe rhythm with the selector on position 2 (both single coils).
- For how long have you been using it?
I used it for about 5 or 6 years. Looking back, i wonder how i managed to bear it for so long.
- What thing do you like most about it?
That i don't have to use it anymore.
- Did you try many other models before getting this one?
Nope, was my first. I got a tiny 20w McKinley amp with it...no reverb, terrible sound...
- What is your opinion about the value for the price?
I paid 1980 Francs (£200) for it in 1991 (new), but you could find it for 1400 Francs (£140) at the time already if you looked around. I think it was very overpriced and i really wouldn't recommend it to anyone, even for a fraction of the price. Unless you're planning to change all the pickups...in which case it could be a decent guitar i suppose. Maybe i should do that...
Did you find this review helpful?yesno
RickD's review (This content has been automatically translated from French)
Two singles and a humbucker, tremolo base, volume, tone.
Bolt but the strings are attached to the back of the body so the sustain is not catastrophic.
Dark purple fairly uncommon. More face a real Stratocaster, in my opinion.
Easy to play, pretty nice.
However, the vibrato is pretty bad. : - /
Even on a good amp, this guitar does not ring. Not beautiful, not character.
However, its dual has a very punchy sound in the treble, and slide it sounds better than my Godin worth five times as much.
Besides its double that sounds pretty special and that I use for a slide of once every 10 years, and its sentimental value (my first guitar), this guitar is not for her.
Its pickups are rotten, his vibrato is no better.
I paid 1980 francs in 1991, surely the list price because it is located in Pigalle to 1400 F at the same time (210 €). But even € 210 is too much for this guitar. By changing the pickups, maybe it sounds good, must see. But that would cost more than the guitar.
Did you find this review helpful?yesno
lala-lala's review (This content has been automatically translated from French)
- In which country was it made?
Probably in Asia given the price
- How many frets, what kind of micro as well as their configuration?
22 frets, 2 single (neck, middle), double (neck)
- What type of bridge (Floyd, Wilkinson ...)?
6 screw vintage tremolo (the V reference)
- What are the settings (volume, tone, micro switch ...)?
one volume, one tone, a 5-way switch
- What type of race?
... er ... body wood (alder probably) handle ... uh ... Wood also with rosewood fingerboard.
- The handle is it fun?
The handle is a highway, rather thin and flat ...
- Access to acute (recent freight) is it easy?
like on a Start. the body was slightly biseaté for easy access to just the acute
- Ergonomics is it good (in terms of shape, weight ...)?
Ergonomics is the body is very well thought out: the table is not flat but slightly concave, just enough so that we do not feel it. Chanfrain one in the back in style strat increases comfort. In short, nothing to do with my Telecaster.
- Gets it easy to sound good? ..
well, see below
- They are suitable to your style of music?
Not being a fan of a "guitar style" (y 'has that melts metal with a telecaster u) were not as adept at "I-don't-play-as-of-a-style". In any case, it is very versatile.
- With what (s) amplifier (s) or effect (s) do you play?
This is my first guitar, impossible for me to part with it ... Right now, I play a Fender Prosonic ...
- What kind of sound you get and with what settings ("crystalline", "bold ",....)?
The sound of this guitar is in contrast to previous opinion a lot of personality. (Check out the reviews on harmony-cental) The two are very very simple micro brilliants with a powerful attack. I love it. In his clear, that slap, slice it, it shears .. ideal for a few sentences to the floyd, or play reggae. With distortion, to be eyeing the big sound ... but you have to switch to double as simple saturation that do not support, they become rough ..
- What are the sounds you prefer, you hate?
I must admit that the microphones are simply terrible in its clear, and I think I may one day to visit the manufacturer of micro mosieur guitar to request a bridge version of these micros. He does not speak for the manufacture of micro on its website (http://www.mc2musique.com)
- How long have you use it?
Since I started the guitar ... it's ... uh .. from the 5th (I'm 32) you do the math
- What is so special that you like most and least?
View that I start on this guitar, it became my guitar-standard, even if it's not the best guitar in the world. but it's still a very good guitar for beginners.
- Have you tried many other models before buying it?
choist if I was that I did not want the other option proposed by my parents (yes, it's a birthday gift from mom and dad) was a Samick Start copy (which time was to cetter specializes in "Stagg-ism"
- How would you rate the quality / price?
There are better and cheaper surment today ...
- With experience, you do again this choice? ...
Ho yes! Although since I put it lifts oil bath, and a beautiful micro MC2 splittable in acute, and I have blocked the vibrato: otherwise it remains as before ...