Korg MS2000R
Korg MS2000R
soundvoyager soundvoyager

«  can do better! »

Publié le 02/24/12 à 07:33
type of keyboard synth, rack
a lot of factory presets.
blah blah blah

full documentation is on the net ;) - sorry to be quick on this point ..

the config is pretty nice, which makes it quite versatile, I think this is one of the highlights of the beast.
the manual is clear, simple, I always found complete information, especially regarding the MIDI assignments.
The sound editing is very intuitive, which allows time for creativity and that's great!

good, bah this is the biggest weakness: the sound!

for what I do (techno) it does not fit, the sound is definitely "cheap" because no heat / and depth.
Even in the ass by sticking a distortion, a compressor or other artificial DEVELOPERS "son" does not want!
this means that after 15 days if you do it alone synth, you'll be unhappy. If you want to produce music seriously, I do not recommend this machine as a "lead machine", it will make you waste your time.

On the other hand the ms2000r we offer a wide bank of presets, but it's really incidental to the bottom because the "sound" is not at the rendezvous.

Personally, I use it to troubleshoot that 2 or 3 or bleep do a melody of the poly 800 (and again ... without the crunchy side of the poly 800 ...). otherwise use it as a vocoder, nothing to say over there (note that I am not a "pro" the vocoder) but the MS2000 used to accompany your other machines, without making, alas, bonus at the sound, grain ..

At best it plays low fat well, but lackluster ..... even the integrated effect of distortion reacts badly, it's makeup more than anything else.

this is about 5 years I have, and meanwhile I gained a PROPHET 08 dave smith instruments ... there's no photo, hence my remark about the lack of warmth / depth ... but hey, the prophet is 4 times more expensive also .. In fact, thanks to the MS2000, I changed my way of buying, now I'd rather save time + to buy mid-range and high end, rather than having machines like the MS2000 .. it is a choice ..

value for money a little too high for the sound it out, I expected better ... ultimately what saves this machine are:
- The delay effect
- The vocoder that I enjoyed
- Arpeggiator mode + step sequencer .. it is the insured trip :)
- Intuitiveness and ergonomics of the machine.
- The strength of the knobs

with experience, I do not know if I will ever be the choice, he just helped out .. I finally told myself that it is expensive for the utility, this machine is only a beginning grabs. Anyway to get your feet wet as a first machine and for the price why not, but do not produce music in a serious way and pro with this machine ... or in combination with a "real" synthesizer, the MS2000 as an accompaniment is in his element. (fx, atmospheres ufo.)

to finish, and I weigh my words, a good synth VST plugin is just as well .. if it's true frankly.