Crane Song Phoenix Luster

All user reviews for the Crane Song Phoenix Luster

• moosersmoosers

Crane Song Phoenix LusterPublished on 03/17/11 at 15:17
    Crane Song's Phoenix Luster is one of the five plug-ins that come in the Phoenix bundle. These plug-ins are designed to add some analog warmth to your digital tracks. Each of the five plug-ins is a different tone in doing this, but all of them share the same function. Each also share the same interface, with three modes to choose from - gold, sapphire, and opal, as well as a large knob for setting the amount of analog saturation you'd like. Luster is just like the other plug-ins in that they couldn't be any easier to use and pretty much provide an instant analog sound for the digital world. You shouldn't have any problems installing the software as you install all five at once with the simple step by step process you would follow with installing any software. I haven't ever seen a manual for this plug-in, nor do I think I ever will need to.

I've currently got the Crane Song Phoenix Luster plug-in and the other Phoenix plug-ins running on my home studio's system. This system is Pro Tools 9 based which I'm running on a Mac Book Pro laptop that has a 2.2 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo processor and 4 GB of RAM. I run Pro Tools with a Digi 002R audio interface and monitor with a set of Adam A7's. I don't tend to run too many instances of this plug-in at once, but even if I did I don't think I'd have a problem on the aforementioned system.

The Crane Song Phoenix Luster plug-in and the Phoenix bundle in general are probably the best of their kinds in terms of analog emulators in the digital world. It's great to have the five different colors here, as Luster is probably my second favorite behind the Dark Essence plug-in. They all do serve similar functions, but I use Luster for mixing while I usually use Dark Essence on the master buss. No matter how you want to use it, Luster is very effective in warming up your digital tracks, although it can only take you so far if you've done everything the box. The Phoenix bundle is one that every DAW owner should have...