Universal Audio Studer A 800
Authenticated by Studer, and modeled by UA’s team of DSP engineers and AES magnetic recording expert Jay McKnight over a 12-month period, the Studer A800 Multichannel Tape Recorder plug-in for UAD-2 is described as "the first and only product of its kind."
This plug-in models the entire multitrack tape circuit path and electronics of an A800 machine — plus the sounds of multiple tape formulas. In the company's own words, it is described as "the world’s most accurate representation of professional analog tape recording, now available on Mac and PC."
- Studer-endorsed, UA modeled emulation of legendary A800 Multitrack Tape Machine
- Provides the warm, natural sound and punchy low-end response of 2” analog tape — on Mac and PC
- Models complete A800 electronic signal paths, including Input, Sync and Repro paths
- Features four of the most popular Tape Formulas and Calibration Levels
- Tape saturation and overdrive via easy-to-use Input / Output controls
- Provides dead-on magnetic tape sound without the hassles of calibration, maintenance, tape degradation, etc.
- IPS Speed/Emphasis Curve chooses between 7.5 NAB, 7.5 CCIR, 15 NAB, 15 CCIR, 30 AES
- Gang Controls allows for fast global adjustment of all instances
- Run 24+ tracks with a single UAD-2 QUAD DSP Accelerator Package
- Requires a UAD-2 DSP Accelerator Card available from authorized dealers worldwide
Viewers of this article also read...
- Sonic Timeworks Equalizer V1 Sonic Timeworks has announced the re-opening of its website and the release of the remade Equalizer V1 plug-in, now available for Windows VST 2.4 32- and 64-bit, Mac OS X VST 2.4 32-bit and Mac OS X AU 32- and 64-bit.
- Sinevibes Turbo Sinevibes has announced the release of Turbo, a new AudioUnit effect plug-in for Mac OS X.
- Sugar Bytes Product Updates Sugar Bytes has released updates for Artillery, WOW, Vogue and Robotronic, which are now compatible with all 64-bit production environments.