Sonic Timeworks Equalizer V1
Sonic Timeworks has announced the re-opening of its website and the release of the remade Equalizer V1 plug-in, now available for Windows VST 2.4 32- and 64-bit, Mac OS X VST 2.4 32-bit and Mac OS X AU 32- and 64-bit.
Equalizer V1 is a remake of the classic Sonic Timeworks plug-in from around the beginning of this millennia, offering an analogue-ish design. Unlike most other digital eq's the frequency response does not go towards zero dB when approaching half the sample rate ("Vintage" algorithm only). This is achieved without the use of oversampling, the company says.
Equalizer V1 has two algorithms, six bands (two of which are switchable between shelf and bell curves), a low-cut, and a high-cut filter. The interface is divided into two pages, the first having all the controls in a classic setup with sliders, and the second having an EQ response curve laid on top of a frequency analyzer.
- 2 algorithms (Clean & Vintage) for versatility. Get the EQ sound you want.
- True stereo 64-bit internal precision.
- 30-Band frequency analyzer 'built in'.
- Standard and Graphic editing modes.
- Real-time previews (dependent of the hosting application).
- High Cut and Low Cut filters with resonant filter controls.
- Low shelf and High shelf filters.
- Sweep-able filter points with adjustable Q (bandwidth) controls.
- Complete with LED-style meter.
- Fader control while holding down the Shift button.
- Supports sample rates over 192kHz.
Pricing & Availability
There is an introductory offer of $99 until January 15th, 2011, and current DirectX customers can upgrade for $39. A fully functional 14-day demo is available.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Sinevibes Turbo Sinevibes has announced the release of Turbo, a new AudioUnit effect plug-in for Mac OS X.
- Sugar Bytes Product Updates Sugar Bytes has released updates for Artillery, WOW, Vogue and Robotronic, which are now compatible with all 64-bit production environments.
- Samplestar.com Nu-Electrik Nu-Electrik is the follow-up to the Electrik5.