or
Create an account

or

Thread HI, my name is Frank

• 2 replies
  • 2 participants
  • 0 follower
1 HI, my name is Frank
Hi, my name is Frank, and I play in a Dutch popgroup named 2extra.
I have a little home recording equioment and will set it up in as soon the attic is ready.
I use a tascam sx-1 and a pc with Sonar 4. I have several vst / dxi synths and a bunch off effects.
My soundcard however is a bit outdated for the purpose i think. I own a soundblaster audigy EX.
The thing I am looking for now, is a way to hook up the tascam to the pc, so i can record multiple tracks at once.

Greetings from Holland,

Frank
Hi Frank. Welcome!

Let's start with the bad news- there is no way you can hook your Tascam up to your soundcard and record multiple (separate) tracks at once. The bottleneck is your soundcard- it's only going to do 2 tracks. Your SX-1 is a pretty complex machine, though, and I'm not sure what al the options are with it. I would think that, at a minimum, you should be able to record multiple tracks onthe Tascam and dump them non realtime to the PC and mix from there.
The Axeman (##(===> Cuts From My New Blues CD
Well, It is a complex machine, it has some options however. Like the adat in out. That will be one of the things my new soundcard has to have.
I am experiencing some trouble withe the audigy, only using sonar 5 now. it keeps on stuttering i can not get a normal sound out of it at the moment.
Thank god the Tascam is verry relyable. It just never breaks down (until now atleast :-) )

grtz

Frank