or
Create an account

or

Thread Line 6 UX2 and Cubase..... New User Needs Help!

• 1 comment
  • 2 participants
  • 0 follower
1 Line 6 UX2 and Cubase..... New User Needs Help!
Hi everyone...... I'm Jme. Just got a new computer. I play acoustic guitar and sing, write my own stuff etc...... I;ve set up a "home-studio" the spec follows....

Win XP
Line 6 UX2 - USB Input
Cubase (SX3 I think)
1 x condenser mic - XLR into UX2 (mic 1 input) guitar
1 x shure SM58 - XLR into UX2 (mic 2 input) vocals

I WANT TO RECORD THE VOCALS THROUGH ONE MIC (1) AND THE GUITAR SIMULTANEOUS THROUGH ANOTHER MIC (2)...... THROUGH MY "LINE 6 UX2" (USB CONNECTION) ONTO CUBASE!!!!!!!!!!!

I use "gearbox" which lets you configure the effects and general overview of the mics / sounds etc if you know what I mean....... I can hear both mics, working fine but when I try and recording using cubase it is only picking up 1 mic........ is there any way to have two audio-tracks picking up the mics seperately or how do I get cubase to filter both mics simultaneously onto one audio track...... I am clueless and not technical...... so if anyone has the same set-up or you know what Im doing wrong i would really appreciate your help!!!!!!!

All the best people with your recordings and music making........ rock on till you pass out!!!!!!

thanks for your time, jme
Most likely you have not selected the sources for the tracks you are recording in Cubase correctly. One track needs to have the Mic 1 selected as the source, the other Mic 2.

This is assuming that the UX2 is capabled of recording two tracks at once.
The Axeman (##(===> Cuts From My New Blues CD