or
Create an account

or

Thread Hi, I'm Sloom, and I'm a- a Newbie. ("Hi, Sloom...")

• 4 replies
  • 3 participants
  • 0 follower
1 Hi, I'm Sloom, and I'm a- a Newbie. ("Hi, Sloom...")
I'm here to learn, listen, practice correct thinking, share, go on about what I think, what I think I know, brag, marginalize, and generally wear out my welcome.

Just kidding. :)

I'm all about audio right now, and am going to be working out some kinks in public- so I hope I don't become too tedious. I'm into this Tascam M-30 mixer, and seek a Delta 1010-LT. For now, I'm using:

Tascam US-428;
Cool Edit Pro 2;
Waves;
PC w/ 2 GHz Celeron (yes, I know), and 500MB RAM @ 400 FSB (DDR).
Also some pedals, an old TEAC 3340s reel-to-reel machine, and an old TEAC 10-band EQ.

I'll be hangin', thanks for having me.

Peace,
Sloom.
I should point out that there is no "correct thinking". Whatever works and makes good music is the deal!!
The Axeman (##(===> Cuts From My New Blues CD
Wellcome Sloom, I think a lot of us are here to learn, listen, practice correct thinking, share, go on about what we think, what we think we know, brag, marginalize, and generally wear out our welcome. Welcome to the community, glad to have you.
Welcome, Sloom! Glad to have you. :cool:
The Axeman (##(===> Cuts From My New Blues CD
You know, it's been forever since I last posted, and after I got such a warm welcome! My apologies to everyone here... With a full-time job, high-maintenance family scene, and house that is trying to kill me I don't get back to anything without a reminder. So I'll have to find a way to do that.

Anyway, just for some sense of continuity: I found a Terratec EWS88MT soundcard on ebay for $100- looked away from the Delta 1010-LT. And now the Tascam M-30 mixer, which developed an issue or two, is on the bench... I'll have 'er back in $125.00, or about two weeks. I'm now using Sonar Home Studio 4, as well as some n-Track plug-ins, and a few other gadgets. I've been hanging out on the nTrack site, learning quite a lot from those guys. Also the Sonar forum- these have been mostly for facilitating the learning of software, but I'm starting to get on the ball now. Got a few good recordings, and there's a band wants to come and do a demo at my little studio- two, actually. So it's going along, slowly- but it is.

I'll be hanging around more, now that I've just run into this site again! Sorry once again for being so suddenly gone like that. Pretty rude... Didn't even START to wear out my welcome. I'll get right on it now!