Create an account

or

Thread Production tips

• 4 replies
  • 2 participants
  • 0 follower
1 Production tips
howzit everyone....also a newbee.

I have been experiementing with CubaseSx and managed to make a few tracks. What sort of effects/plugins do i need to use on the Drums. Rhodes, Percussion, Bass Guitar and Lead Guitar. Iwant to make the track sound like a DeepHouse track with a jazzy, soulful yet dark theme to it. I have never studied sound or music.When I hear some of the tracks from the Paris,UK and US deephouse radio stations it really blows my mind on how these guys do it.

Please assist
Jazzy-

I'm not familiar with the genre. Do you have some links you can point to for reference?
The Axeman (##(===> Cuts From My New Blues CD
Thanks for replying
The music is called DeepHouse.......hard clubby beats with fat jazzy 3-4 chords rhodes sequences and tight basslines, with lots of pads and synth sounds. DaTempo.com plays alot of this genre.
Jazzy-

Cool link, bro!! I listened for about 15 minutes (1 song- the playlist said it was 77 minutes long!!). I didn't hear anything that struck me as really outrageous effects wise. Most of it was just well programmed synth patches on top of a house beat. There's lots of house loop CD's available that should be able to get you the basic drums going. There's also beat boxes out there that do this kind of stuff. I have a couple of Roland synths (an XP 10 keyboard and a JV1010 sound module) that I could probably program synth wise for this kind of stuff if I had the time.

Honestly, I'm a blues guy, and I don't have a whole lot of experience with electronic music. Maybe some of the other dj guys here can give you better ideas......

Oh yeah, the song I listened to had a RAGIN' fretless bass solo in it. I couldn't tell if it was a synth or the real deal. If it was the real deal, the dude is a KILLER bass player!!!!!! The tune was DJ Karl- Datemposession n2. Very cool..... :cool:
The Axeman (##(===> Cuts From My New Blues CD
Thank bro......blues is cool....is was into abit of Jazz before I got into house music....now all I want to do is make this music but stay within jazz context...using a lot of live ideas....maybe the Dj producers can help.
But thanks anyway.