Create an account

or

Thread So many choices, where do I begin :(

• 0 comment
  • 1 participant
  • 0 follower
1 So many choices, where do I begin :(
Hey guys,

I'm trying to get a home studio started without going bankrupt...I'm using Sibelius but the instruments sound chincy on the soundcard the computer came with, especially the drums. I don't want a multi-million dollar studio, I just want the instruments to not sound cheesy, so they won't take away from my voice. I'm going to sing at my mother and father's 30th and I don't want to be embarassed by the accompaniment, but I also don't want to use one of those karaoke CDs, I just want to compose and orchestrate the song myself.

I know this is a lot but I tried reading through all the entries and it's just too much. I really don't understand a lot of this stuff And my friend (well Ex boyfriend) was no help, he told me to tape a bunch of sound cards together to combine their power. What a jerk.

If someone could just give me a couple of links/choices to go to for Mics and sound cards (pref as close to $100.00 each as possible) I'd really appreciate it. I just want to point, click and buy that's all.

Thanks for your time.