or
Create an account

or

Thread Hello!

• 2 replies
  • 2 participants
  • 0 follower
1 Hello!
Hey I ran into this site trying to look for input on building a home studio in the basement of the house that i dont own yet (never to early to plan right?). Anyways my name is Derek Wright ...if you didnt see from my name. I have been producing music on my PC for, hmmm, 8 years now? I started Using FastTracker and now im producing on Logic audio. I have signed 2 releases with Oval Records in NYC and I have about 3 million 2-3 minute clips that will never be finished = - I really need to stop that.
Welcome Derek to your forum !

It's amusing that you used FastTracker long time ago. I loved that software. I did tons of techno/experimental tracks with this excellent soft and enjoyed a lot the included Nibbles game (that's probably why I didn't finalized my tracks neither ;) )

What kind of music do you compose ?
Is it possible to hear some ?

Thanks for joining !
Have fun with your new studioatbasement
I guess i'd call the music I write along the lines of progressive house. Im still stuck in the techy/tribal area of it. I prefer dark scary stuff - but also enjoy a good melody (hold the cheese thanks) ie; Pole Folder, Parks & Wilson, John "Quivver" Graham. Tilt was the best there ever was... man i miss them.

www.ovalrecords.com and click on catalog - I did a remix on tony estrada's track "Patterns". Unfortunately they have the "alpha" release of my track posted - not the finalized mastered version - but you get the idea. And yes nibbles was the culprit for many unfinished tracks hehe