Create an account

or

Thread New beginnings....

• 2 replies
  • 3 participants
  • 0 follower
1 New beginnings....
Hi all,

I thought that the new year was the perfect time to pick up a hobby where i left it many years ago. My musical background is as a drummer/keyboard player, but due to leading a bit more settled life I sold all my gear after leaving university some ten years ago. I have now come to a point where I do have some more time to spend on a lost hobby and have decided to start by setting up a very modest home-studio.

I am still very stuck into the 80's new wave and my initial investments have been a Yamaha DX7 synth and a Roland D110 sound module, which I power through a Samson Servo 150 amp.

My next ambition is to use VST on my P4 (windows XP), but I am not quite sure which midi interface to go for, as I have read many mixed reports on the Midisport USB 2x2. Any suggestions?

Many Thanks,

The Shrink
I use the midisport 4x4- works great.
The Axeman (##(===> Cuts From My New Blues CD
I've used the MIDISport 2x2 for probably about 2 and a half years now, and I haven't had a problem with it. (I'm but exactly sure what a VST is so the upcoming info might not be nessesary) It might be advantagous to consider a music interface equipped with MIDI (i.e. Tascam US-122). I recently bought the M-Audio MobilePre, which doesn't have the MIDI interface, but that doesn't matter for me since I already have it. Anyway, hopefully this helped.