or
Create an account

or

Thread Improving Latency on the new M-Audio Firewire 410

• 6 replies
  • 2 participants
  • 0 follower
Topic Improving Latency on the new M-Audio Firewire 410
This little midi has caused me a slight pain in the neck. The sound quality isn't bad, but even in garage band which I am using now I am getting a slight echo/latency. I took it to the mac store where I purchased it and he said it was normal? Does anyone with this same model know if this improves with more memory? Currently I am only running 512Ghz on my 1.5 Ghz Powerbook. Planning on upgrading at least to a 1 Gig. Is 2GHz memory neccessary?
I think ram is not reason for your latency. firewire don't has zero latency but that what you sad is too much.
I talked to the guy at mac and he said it was the software driver that is causing the latency, does this sound right? Could be Garage band as well. Does anyone have any recommendations for software good for recording Hip-hop tracks?

Quote: I think ram is not reason for your latency. firewire don't has zero latency but that what you sad is too much.

I talked to the guy at mac and he said it was the software driver that is causing the latency, does this sound right? Could be Garage band as well. Does anyone have any recommendations for software good for recording Hip-hop tracks?
Try cubase or cooledit pro. I suggest you cubase becouse it supports virtual instrument plugints and you can do many interesting things with them.
[quote="manike"]

Quote: I think ram is not reason for your latency. firewire don't has zero latency but that what you sad is too much.

OK thanks. When you say, "firewire doesn't have zero latency" do you mean it does produce latency or it doesn't produce any latency?
Look at maudio page. I don't have experience with firewirecards, but in specification about their products is latency is defined. Allmoas all pci card has zero latenc but in specifications about firewire card is no word abou zero latency.

I was very interested for firewire or usb maudio cards but for the latency reason I bought pci usb omi studio.