or
Create an account

or

Thread Hello...

• 1 comment
  • 2 participants
  • 0 follower
1 Hello...
I am a consultant to the electronics industry. I am starting a radio show on the internet with local am broadcasts. I'd like to find a simple audio recording and editing solution so I can:

1) Do interviews via telephone on the air.
2) Play recorded music
3) Do voice overs
4) Play sounds and wav files.
5) Audio editing.

I currently use an IBM PC with Win 2K and Win 98 operating systems. Could someone give me their ideas on what I'd need to upgrade and what hardware and software I'd add to my PC to do this, or would I be better off picking up a dedicated piece of hardware, designed specifically for this application ? Have at it.....

FYI, the program is about the electronics industry, looking at the convergence of the 3 sectors of the business, namely: (think - triangle) Consumer, Communications, and Computing. The traditional wisdom was that the Wintel Monopoly would be the glue in the center of the triangle. If you attended the Consumer Electronics Show this month in Las Vegas, it's now apparent that that glue will be the internet itself. This means open standards and points to a gradual migration of all electronic applications into a Digitally Converged Network. We'll be bringing in some of the top people from Silicon Valley and around the World by telephone to examine the future of electronics technology.
Hello!

mmmm original question as it has nothing to do with music ;-)

I don't know if there is a really dedicated software for that, but perhaps the best thing would be to take a realy light sequencer... you will be able to edit, record several tracks and mix it down, with a compatibility with all sound format.
For exemple Cakewlak Home Studio or Music Creator. These are realy not expensive and on the Home Studio version, you will find effects (reverb, etc...) to enhance the voices you will record... I think it could be a googd choice.

Do you have an apropriate microphone and a corect sound card? It's also important ;-)