Apple iPhone 4

All user reviews for the Apple iPhone 4

Touch tablet from Apple belonging to the iPhone series.

( 5/5 based on 2 reviews )
2 reviews
  • Best phone yet

Apple iPhone 4Published on 06/06/11 at 16:10
    The Apple iPhone 4 is a completely redesigned version of the original iPhone that they released a few years back. This time, instead of the swooping back, it features a 100% rectangular design with beveled edges. This helps it be one of the thinnest smart phones on the market. On top of that, there’s an increase in storage capacity, an extremely vibrant “Retina Display,” a 5 MP camera with flash, gyroscope, the new A4 processor chip and more.

The first thing you notice when you turn on the new iPhone is the ridiculous display. The display is made by LG and features a pixel density of 326 pixels per inch. This is one of the highest quality displays to ever be installed on a smart phone. The actual pixel display is 960x640, and it feels great when you move your finger across it. There are no issues with touching or typing on this like certain other iPhone clones out there.

The processor has been bumped up, and this phone is much faster than the last one. On top of that, the new camera is wonderful. In fact, I don’t even carry around a normal camera anymore because this one is so good. The only other camera you need would be a DSLR. The flash is a bit iffy at times, but it works. Be sure your case is compatible with the flash and won’t interfere with it in any way.

There is an issue with it dropping calls, but I personally have never experienced that. It could be because of the way I handle my phone as I don’t tend to “palm” my phones, but it’s something worth taking into consideration. I believe the new white iPhone relocates the antenna a bit, but I can’t remember.

If you’re looking for one of the best phones on the market, I highly recommend you pick up this device.
  • A Pocket Studio/midi controller...oh yeah, its a phone too

Apple iPhone 4Published on 08/23/10 at 20:58
    The absolute best things about the Iphone's in general are the apps. With the touch interface and networking abilities, you can do unbelievable things with this device. Ok, back to the Apps. If you are a musician and you like to write your own compositions, then you have to have Nanostudio or MusicStudio. Both are sufficient and give you the ability to multitrack a fairly large built in library of instruments and with some effects too (certainly more limited than the instuments). Although the screen is small, you will be surprised at how easy it is to use these programs and you will be very happy with the results. Other amazing apps allow you to control pretty much all of you computer's parameters. One app called AC-7 allows you to control your DAW (Logic 9 and Ableton 8 in my case) with amazing ease. Now I can sit at my drum set in another room and control my recording software. No more running back and forth in between takes, LOVIN IT! Another app called Touch OSC lets you customize as many layouts and midi controls that you mind can come up with. This app makes using Ableton Live a loopers dream come true. No longer am I bound to my computer screen during performances. Hell, you can sit at the bar and control your show from there if you wanted (makes for some interesting intros). There are so many other great apps that I can't fit them in this box. The point is that Apple has made an amazing device that can do things that only Star Trek could do and it fits into your pocket and it works as a phone and so much more!
    What I don't Like. My $80 bill a month from AT&T. Although I don't like that Apple restricts its services to AT&T, its more AT&T's fault for the negative of this device. I would imagine that the next Ipod will follow the Iphone 4 design, so if you can wait, that would be a good idea. I would also recommend the 3gs but the screen resolution on the 4 is really worth the extra money.
    When it comes to instruments and the DAW apps, the sound coming out of this guy is very impressive. Certainly not as good as I have coming out of my Macbook, but its amazing none the less. The cool thing I should mention is whatever you write on the iphone in most of the DAW apps can be bounced as midi files so you can use other devices to get the end product. Very nice.
    This is my first Smart Phone. I checked out the Droid but I knew the Iphone 4 would be a better choice as I use all macintosh in my studio. I would definitely make the same choice again.