The RTS BTR-240 is a digital multi-channel wireless intercom system offering duplex communication with up to eight wireless TR-240 beltpacks and a number of half-duplex beltpacks.
Operating in the 2.4 GHz frequency band, the BTR-240 system uses the IEEE 802.11 technology and is approved for license-free use in most countries. The system also incorporates ClearScan technology designed to select the optimal radio frequency (RF) channel for communication.
The BTR-240 has the ability to configure multi-level 802.11 wireless security features, including data encryption, MAC address filtering, and 64-bit audio encryption. The system allows users to select between two individual audio channels of communication, and to talk and listen or listen only to any individual audio channel or both channels simultaneously.
The BTR-240 system is suited for stand-alone operation and can also interface with two-wire systems, including RTS, Telex Audiocom, and Clear-Com, as well as four-wire intercom systems such as the RTS matrix systems. In addition to the external intercom system interfaces, the system provides connectivity for auxiliary balanced audio input and output and speaker output
The TR-240 beltpacks may be configured in one of three operating modes: wireless, wired, or master wireless. In wireless (normal) mode, beltpacks communicate to each other using the base station as a relay. In wired mode, beltpacks turn off their wireless ability and communicate via Ethernet cable or through a building’s existing Ethernet infrastructure. In master wireless mode, a beltpack acts as a mobile access point to provide wireless coverage for other beltpacks to communicate without an actual BTR-240 base station. The TR-240 beltpack has a removable Li-Ion battery pack that provides up to eight hours of uninterrupted operation. The battery pack can be charged directly in the case by plugging a power adapter into the beltpack or by placing the battery in the CHG-240 four-bay charger.
• License-free 2.4 GHz IEEE 802.11b WLAN technology
• Multi-level security and audio encryption
• ClearScan channel selection
• Choice of two independent or simultaneous audio channels
• Eight full-duplex beltpacks with virtually unlimited number of half-duplex beltpacks
• Multiple antenna options and accessories
• LCD indicates system status
• Expand coverage using BTR-24 access points
• Two-wire and four-wire interface wired intercom interface
• Auto-select condenser or dynamic microphone
• TR-240 beltpacks operate wired or wireless and can operate as access point
• ABS construction
• Removable Li-Ion batteries with wide temperature range and up to eight hours operation
Check out www.rtstw.com for more info.
Viewers of this article also read...
- [Musikmesse] Adam Hall Distributes Gruv Gear Gruv Gear will now be distributed on the European market (over 30 countries) by Germany-based Adam Hall since the 2011 Musikmesse Frankfurt and Prolight + Sound international trade shows.
- NTI Flexus FX100 NTi Audio AG, unveils its new Flexus Audio Analyzer.
- [Musikmesse] EM Acoustics X3 System EM Acoustics presents the X3 horn loaded PA system, the companion to the Quake subwoofer.