Ampeg GVT52-112
Ampeg GVT52-112

Tube Combo Guitar Amp from Ampeg belonging to the GVT series.

kebemdo kebemdo

«  The "American Son"! »

Published on 08/22/13 at 15:59
all-tube amp:
- Booster: lamp (3 x 12AX7)
- Power Amp: lamp (2 x 6L6GC)

Dual power mode: All power - 50 watts RMS or Half power - 25 watts RMS
- HP: 1 x 12 Celestion Vintage 30
- Tone controls: treble, mid and low Baxandall
- Effects: Spring reverb, footswitchable
- Switchable effects loop at the foot
- HP Output: 1 x 16 ohm, 2 x 8 ohm and 2 x 4 ohm

Channel 1: beautiful clear sound (and it is clear even with the gain all the way!)
Channel 2: Here it crunch my friends! (For fans of ZZ Top and other American rock bands, this is the best!)
By varying the gain is also obtained very beautiful bluesy sounds
on the other hand, not for metal! But that's not what I wanted.

This amp is really great for me: The sound is very typical American and this is what I needed to complete my set (I also have a Marshall).
It is great for blues, jazz, funk, country, perfect for rock (channel 2 is a killer!)
I play it with strat, tele and Les Paul: It's all him.
You can play alone in the house (in 25W mode) and it is significant for an amp of this power.

What I like most: The sound (Celestion Vintage 30 part for many)
What I like least: The Reverb (a bit too long and too sensitive for my taste)

Excellent value for money for an all-tube amp from 50 W to 800 euros.

I use it for 1 year and I would do this choice without hesitation.