< Tous les avis Bogner Alchemist 112 Combo
Bogner Alchemist 112 Combo

Tube Combo Guitar Amp from Bogner belonging to the Alchemist series

Audiofanzine FR Audiofanzine FR
Published on 03/08/09 at 08:48
(Originally written by Nico66/translated from Audiofanzine FR)
* Combo with one 12" speaker and open cabinet.

* Class A AB power amp section (6L6) and preamp stage with five 12AX7 tubes. 20 or 40 watt operation.

* Channel 1 (gold): Gain, treble, mid, bass, volume, crunch and bright controls plus deep selector.

* Channel 2 (mercury): Gain, treble, mid, bass, volume, bright and mid shift controls.

* Parallel effects: Reverb type, reverb level, delay type, delay level, delay repeats (feedback) and tap tempo.

* High-quality Celestion® speaker

* Four-button footswitch included. Functions: channel selection, boost, delay and reverb.

Very convenient: Bogner quality preamp and amp stages. It's very appealing...

Delay and reverb effects were conceived by Line 6. Also promising...

Good manufacturing quality.

Excellent-quality controls and switches.

It's a serious product.

Very easy configuration... First, I tried out the clean channel with all controls at 12 o'clock... Very warm sound reminding me of an old Marshall... Cool. I fine tuned the settings and got bright mids. It's like magic!

Then I tried out the crunch sound with all controls at 12 o'clock... What a delight!!! I forgot to mention that I tested the 20 watts operating mode (40 watts are too much for me and it would force me to never turn the volume control beyond the first quarter, which makes it uninteresting!!!).

And the crunch sound is already loud with the gain at 9 o'clock... I played a Clapton Strat to test it and it was wonderful... In this mode the amp produces a clean sound and the saturation comes from your fingers... it's almost as if you would play with two amps: a clean amp and a cranked 5 watt amp!

It's terrific.

The mercury channel is mind blowing...

It sounds like a cranked old Jubilee Marshall, Soldano or Plexi... It's neither a US nor a British sound, it's more like both at the same time... It's simply magical, extremely powerful and it reminds me the first Bogner I tested!!!

I didn't look at the user's manual...

- Does it fit your music style?

I play pop and soft rock and the amp is perfect for this music!

- Which guitar, bass or effects do you use?

I tested it with a Clapton Strato and the sound was great... I can't wait to play it with my Strat Custom shop and my PRS 513. I think it will be an explosive cocktail!!

- What kind of sounds do you get and which settings do you use ("crystal-clear", "fat", ...)?

I didn't have enough time to play it: the shop assistant kicked me out of the store after one hour... (it's the minimum for such an amp!!!)

- Which sounds do you prefer / hate?

Everything sounds good!

- How long have you been using it?

I tested it at a shop for one hour and I didn't play my own guitar... But I didn't want to stop!!

- Which features do you like the most / the least?

No cons... Quality, beauty, high-class manufacturing, quality, Bogner sound!!

Considering the price, it's ten times better than a Marshall!!!

I give it an 8 because it's a pity that you have to choose between such nice clean and crunch sounds!

A third channel would have been useful... With such great clean and crunch sounds Mr Bogner ought to make two independent channels instead of a switchable one! But it's only a switch... It can be customized!

- Did you try any other models before buying it?

Yes!! But so many that I can't list them all here.

- How would you rate its value for money?

Amazing... I owned a Spider valve and kept it only one week because I hated it! But this amp is a Bogner and Line 6 only added three reverbs (good quality) and an editable delay.

You'll quickly get a killer sound!!

This amp provides a high quality sound... One hour is not enough so I ordered it yesterday!!! I can't wait to get it!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------

I got it last Thursday and I don't want to change a single word of what I wrote. This amp is a bomb!