< Tous les avis Fender Vibrolux Reverb (Silverface)
Fender Vibrolux Reverb (Silverface)
Fender Vibrolux Reverb (Silverface)

Tube Combo Guitar Amp from Fender belonging to the Vibrolux series

Published on 11/23/11 at 12:43
While the Fender Vibrolux Reverb has been reissued in recent years, this review is for the original vintage, blackface version of the Vibrolux. The version of this amp that I've used is from 1964, and I've used a few different ones from this year for whatever reason. The amp has two different channels, with the first one being strictly clean and the second one to be used for the built effects of reverb and vibrato effects. This is of course a tube amp, but I don't know all of the different tubes that you'll find in here. Each of the two channels has two 1/4" inputs.

Using the Fender Vibrolux Reverb isn't difficult. It's a pretty basic set up for a guitar amp and is one that has been used throughout the years and has been pretty much ubiquitous amongst Fender amps. The first channel has volume, bass, and treble controls, while the second channel has the same plus reverb, and speed and intensity controls for the vibrato. Each channel also has a bright switch. I've never seen a manual for this and I don't intend on ever needing to find one.

The sound of the Fender Vibrolux Reverb is pretty much unparallelled when not compared to other vintage Fender amps. It's definitely one of the best sounding amplifier I've ever recorded with, as it makes it easy to record guitar when it sounds this good coming through the amp. I've used it with all different types of guitars, including my own Fender Jazzmaster as well as a Telecaster and others as well. It's just got such a full sound that it's hard to beat. The vibrato and built in spring reverb are also some of the best of it's kind.

While it's going to cost you a pretty penny to find an original blackface Fender Vibrolux Reverb, for professional guitarists or those looking to add a pro amp to their studio, it's probably going to be worth it in the long run. I've haven't had the chance to try out the reissue version alongside the original, but for what the reissue costs, it might be worth it to get the original if you can locate one. The original Vibrolux Reverb is going to be tough to beat!