Mesa Boogie and Carlos Santana pay hommage to the first high gain tube combo with the King Snake limited edition.
The King Snake is a very limited edition of the replica of the SnakeSkin combo used by Carlos Santana during the 1972 / 1973 tour, and that debuted the modern High Gain tube sound. But Mesa Boogie also included somme new features for modern guitar players who seek more versatility. The amp will be numbered and hand signed by Randall Smith and Carlos Santana.
- 4 x 6L6 and 5 × 12AX7 valves
- Fixed bias
- Multi-Watt Power switch and Duo-Class patented technology to switch from 100W to 60W and 10W with Class A (2 valves, 10W) or Class AB operations
- 1 channel with 2 inputs: Input 1 with original “cascading gain” multi-stage preamp and 2 volume knobs, Input 2 with normal gain stage driven by Volume 2 only
- 2 volumes
- Master Volume
- 3-band graphic EQ with Mid/Boost control (standard mids control from 1–5 and gain boost from 5 to 10)
- Presence control with Blackface / Tweed modes and level control
- All-tube long spring reverb (on rear)
- Buffered effect loop with automatic true bypass and send level control
- Slave output with level control
- Built-in 12” Fillmore KS-100 speaker
- Snake cover finish
Full details of the King Snake are available at www.mesaboogie.com.
unburden1New AFfiliatePosted on 12/13/2013 at 17:18:32This amp might just sound really good.
Would you like to comment this news item?Log in
Become a member
Viewers of this article also read...
- Empress Effects releases Reverb stompbox Empress Effects has announced their Reverb pedal has started shipping, and requests customer inputs for next feature to be added in a free update.
- iRig products to unlock Cubasis LE features Owners of IK Multimedia’s iRig digital interfaces, mics & MIDI controllers can now unlock features inside of Cubasis LE for iPad.
- Flash sale on Mr. Black's Eterna reverb pedal Today and tomorrow, the Eterna reverb pedal is available with a discount from Mr. Black's online store.