Mesa Boogie Mark III Combo
Mesa Boogie Mark III Combo
voxy33 voxy33

«  awesome, confusing, I love it! »

Published on 01/16/12 at 13:05
all-tube amp, 5 12AX7 preamp and 2 6L6 in power. This is a 60 watt (I think), with a guitar input, an effects loop, direct output and jacks for footswitches.
Mine has reverb but no equalizer ...

The config is anything but simple, except that I'm lucky, it fits perfectly with what I play and I find the settings ready to go online with my guitar (musicman petrucci). I only have to change some settings to adjust my game but overall it sounds great fast enough.

But if not, honestly, no, it's not simple at all. If I have to start from scratch to redo my settings, I'm lost !!!!! So I took pictures of my favorite settings to not panic in rehearsal or concert in case it upsets me ...

Well, that makes me a month, and depending on what you want to play, you can re-set the amp for sound completely different ... but after a month, I leave still examples of the manual ... I am not at all able to build myself a sound ... it will come with time.

But for me the following style: should I plug it sounds, I discovered the pleasure of looking for her. Attention, it has nothing to do with building a sound on a line6 POD or other ... where one feels at once that the potential of the amp is really pro ... to us to be optimized according to our expectations and our guitars.

For me it is perfect. I wanted to play the Dream Theater ... well it works. We believe it !!!!!
With the same settings I plug my Telecaster, it goes with a lot less metal and its roots ... more So, it remains flexible even without change the setting. It can really be all kinds of sounds I think with this amp. Fender slamming, crunch, crunch Marshallian, and mesa to Santana, Dream Theater etc ...

I regret not having the option equalizer but hey, I'll try to add a pedal in the loop to see ...

I had a lot of amp before this one. In order: Marshall JTM30, Hughes and Kettner Tube 20, line 6, Peavey ValveKing, Peavey 6505, blackstar HT20, F30 bogie mesa, engl sovereign, Vox AC 15 and finally this one, which is well above all others! much more versatile, much richer, detailed, warm, ... short, it is excellent!

I do it again this election 10,000 times, until I have the money to buy a mark5 that offers the same quality of sound but with true 3-channel ... So I have one for a long time .... :)

In any case, I recommend it to anyone who wants a high-end sound for not too expensive, because it's not a great hand side .... I still wonder why!