Agrandir
James R. Powell III James R. Powell III

« Mesa Nomad 100 versatile 3 channel tube amp. »

Publié le 04/04/21 à 17:45
Audience: Advanced Users
I only saw one pro recording example. I am glad I chose this amp. I had fx loop modded to serial. Very easy to do. I use a Two Notes Torpedo Captor 8 with the amp. I use an Empress ParaEQ to take the excessive mid range. Also, to add Depth and Brightness adjustment to the amp Globally. I used the Graphic EQ in the Mesa Nomad 100 for a solo boost. Borrowed the idea from the Mesa JP -2C. I send line out from the Two Notes Torpedo Captor 8 to drive my stereo fx into a stereo pair of Two Notes Torpedo Cab M plus boxes and Stereo pair of Orange Micro Terrors. I use 3 1x12 cabs on stage for wet/dry/wet. I also, use a Boss NS-2 connected to the input and fx loop to tame any high gain noise. I run a Xotic SP Compressor and Maxon OD 808 and wah infront of the amp. I have 4 Blocks of stereo fx. I get a super clean Fender tone on the clean channel 1. I go for a plexi crunch on channel 2. Vintage mode. For Channel 3 is my Higher gain Modern mode. I use 12ay7 tubes in V1 and V2 positions. I can do a lot with this amp. I might try to get a 2nd head or seek the combo version.

Images linked to this review

• photo