Vox TB35C1

All user reviews for the Vox TB35C1

Tube Combo Guitar Amp from Vox belonging to the Tony Bruno series.

( 1.5/5 based on 2 reviews )
  • This is not a classic Vox

Vox TB35C1Published on 06/24/11 at 10:46
    Vox has really dropped the ball on their amps in recent years. Most amps are not even built in the UK. They are shipped off to red China to get cheap labor. Hey Vox how about having some integrity and build them with quality in the UK. Vox overall has just been a huge let down. This amp is another let down but for different reasons.

This amp is very mediocre. Nothing about this amp screams buy me or play me at all. They get this amp designer whom I have never heard of to design their amps for them because they seem to forget how now shipping basically everything to China now. This is the Tony Bruno designed amp with the tone of a classic Vox but it is nothing special in tone features or anything.

Birch-ply cabinet construction

Height 22.24"
    Width 23.62"
    Depth 10.24"
    Weight 63.4 lbs.

Nothing about this amp tells me that Vox has really changed anything and is going back to the old. I have no idea where this is made but my guess is in China since they could care less about tone and quality anymore. Since Vox changed manufacturing about 5 years ago they're amps have really gone down hill. There are some still hits but the quality and craftsmanship is no longer in existence.

This amp has nothing tone wise that tells me I should buy it. They slap this amp guru's name on it in hopes to get more people interested. It still doesn't sound any better than the other amp they have in this price range.

This amp is a waste of time and money if you want a good Vox tone. Search the used market and pick up a UK made one from a few years back. Or get a Divided BY 13 AC30 version amp. Hayseed amps made a great clone of an original or if you feel like selling you arm or leg then get a newly manufactured JMI amp. They are only about $4500. That price is just ludicrous!

At new this amp come in at around $1200 and why it priced that high is because TB has to take a cut too. That comes with the signature series type amp from any manufacturer, the problem is who the heck is this guy?
  • Do not buy