< Tous les avis ENGL E325 Thunder 50 Head
ENGL E325 Thunder 50 Head

Tube Guitar Amp Head from ENGL belonging to the Thunder series

Fred3023 Fred3023
Published on 03/22/07 at 14:54
T have any good words, this amp is simple and complete with respect my needs, this is one reason for my choice, a BMOL, the lack of direct out (practice home) and footswitch marshall but a two-channel 30 euros and it is therefore rgl ... 9 / 10
very nice production, it's solid, and what face! (Good is subjective ca ...) anyway I like

Very simple configuration, one branch, and is heated ... it sounds live!
the manual is lightweight, normal given the simplicity of the bte
the EQUASIS ragissent well, except with the gain pushed back (but why push it back?)

So l. ..

I play with an elite eastwood jr (replica of Mosrite), a guitar that "buzz" what, comfortable on the punk, 10/52, p90 micro hi output (but hey it's single coil)
given the budget and the small size of the room, I go out on a farm up in 1x12 cabinet Celestion Seventy 80 (one day can be an engl ... 2x12)
it is the punk / alternative / rhythm box with two guitars (the second guitar is a telecaster), bass and vocals, no hardcore, no metal

and it's perfect! immediately the first statement, the prsence the amp in the mix, it is really musical, the harmonics are all the frquences are free to add (in p90 easel I am obliged to be careful to acute) and is very powerful, very ample for small rooms,
but as many say that if you play with a guitarist must deuxime his amp is the height (the poor peavey 100 w ashmatique transistor looks good ... a cot) (cf said below)

deuxime observation, all channels: this amp is really prcis is happiness, I redcouvre our compositions and suddenly they can enrich, the attack is the mdiator and not forgiveness for the bread! , For the coup against the rhythmic really the gniaque in downstroke ca pete really, hard ca palm mute well, this is as cold as one could read it sometimes? No, certainly not, but it is clear that it prcis; really not the kind of large sheets of its low

Sound clear: it is not my specially trs but it seems clean, warm enough

Crunch channel: the surprise of the century for me! excellent, very musical, I do not rise to the gain del 13/14 h, and it's perfect! is the very first time I do not use the lead channel systmatiquement an amp! pushed back, is the lead dej ...

Lead channel: no better ... but happiness, big sound, aggressive, very rock'n'roll, very dynamic, with the crunch cohrent (switch between the two is a rgal) not mtal (I think his fans mtal "modern" does not end up there), the more I do not ride the gain back, I tried but I do not see the point, some loss of momentum and then the gain must arrter! But I do not have the guitar either, with a humbucker should see

Excellent quality price, 770 euros new, in this price range I do not see
I prfre? its precision, its dynamics, its musicality (yes even for punk it takes a bit ...) I do not like or less? the right away I do not see
I did that for 15 days, so I will post a notice can be complmentaire
I was looking for a simple amp, rock'n 'roll (the metal c ... not my thing) that can make me forget the jcm 800, not too keen to buy vintage pure juice; attention, this is not the same grain, it is on, but his music and his precision me immediately conquered
I tried a few amps (too much time and then the head was promptly impose thunder ...): the fireball for fun (unfortunately the head ... but off-budget), j ' have not wanted to try blackmore (off-budget by far worth getting hurt), the thunder combo (not the same, it comes back open combo I think) but I wanted a head, marshall tsl dsl (not I did not do it)
good, c clear that I do it again this choice and with more budget I will look for any engl fawn, although I see not well what to do with a 100 w
remains the team can be a second or a 2x12 cabinet engl ...

edit 21/01: the first with that of happiness, attention, this amp is huge for small rooms, bars, even finding, dynamic attack, no to piti bread but it is warm enough to be able to catch up without problem, clearly in the mix, this amp provides a lot gnral, and it's rock'n'roll desire
and a jcm 800 is coupled to the ball! and the greater its mouth ...

edit 22/03 and re: 2 concerts later, a bathroom and a bar, I confirm everything, especially at power, this thing is terrible, full of prsence, and it's rock'n'roll and for the unstoppable rhythm, a 2x12 is needed is to have only limited damage hp, issue of broadcast ...