[NAMM] John Petrucci signs Mesa Boogie Amp...
A longtime Mesa Boogie user, John Petrucci finally has his signature amplifier released.
Inspired by the brand's Mark II-C+ model, the JP-2C will be available as a head or rackmount version.
- Made in Petaluma, California
- All-Tube Amplifier: 4x6L6 Power Tubes / 5x12AX7 Preamp Tubes
- Class A/B Power Amp delivers exceptional power, punch & clarity
- 100/60 Watt Selectable Global Power Switch
- Fixed Bias for consistent, maintenance free performance
- 3 Fully Independent Channels with 5 Modes:
- Channel 1 Features: Mark IIC+ Clean - Independent Gain, Treble, Mid/Boost (patent applied for; doubles as a standard Midrange Tone Control from 1 to 5 AND a Variable Gain Boost Control from 5 to 10, providing precise levels of sweet harmonic overdrive, from subtle to blistering), Bass, Presence, Reverb (rear panel), Assignment Switch for Dual 5-Band Graphic EQs (EQ 1 or EQ 2 - On, Off or Footswitchable) & Master Controls
- Channel 2 Features: Legendary Mark IIC+ Lead or Shred Modes - Independent Gain w/Pull Gain Boost, Treble, Middle, Bass, Presence w/Pull Frequency Shift, Reverb (rear panel), Assignment Switch for Dual 5-Band Graphic EQs (EQ 1 or EQ 2 - On, Off or Footswitchable) & Master Controls
- Channel 3 Features: Legendary Mark IIC+ Lead or Shred Modes - Independent Gain w/Pull Gain Boost, Treble, Middle, Bass, Presence w/Pull Frequency Shift, Reverb (rear panel), Assignment Switch for Dual 5-Band Graphic EQs (EQ 1 or EQ 2 - On, Off or Footswitchable) & Master Controls
- Two 5-Band Graphic EQs, each are Footswitchable or Channel Assignable
- Footswitchable All-Tube, Long-Tank, Spring Reverb with Independent Channel Control (rear panel)
- Fully Buffered, Tube FX Loop (MIDI Switchable)
- Built-In CabClone™ Cabinet Simulator Output featuring: Closed-Back, Open-Back and Vintage Voices Internal Amp Load & Headphone Output Speaker On/Off & Ground Lift Switches Selectable +4 or -10 Output Level Switch
- Slave Output
- MIDI Switchable/Programmable via Control Change and Program Change messages (MIDI IN, MIDI Thru/Out, MIDI Channel & Store Switches) – Controls Channels 1, 2, 3, EQ 1, EQ 2, Shred, Reverb & FX Loop
- All Aluminum Chassis
- New 3x3, 6 Button Footswitch (Bottom Row: Channel 1, Channel 2, Channel 3 – Top Row: Reverb, EQ 1 & EQ 2)
- Slip Cover
Dimensions and weight:
- Head: Dimensions: 9 1/4" H x 18 3/4" W x 10 7/8" D • Weight: 40 lbs.
- Rackmount Dimensions: 7" H x 19 1/8" W x 9 1/2" D • Weight: 35 lbs.
A limited edition head will also be available, with the following additional features:
- Private Reserve Flame Maple Front Panel
- Custom Oxblood Stained Front Panel
- Mother of Pearl “BOOGIE®” Inlay
- Mother of Pearl “John Petrucci Signature” Inlay
- Custom Gun Metal Gray Anodized Amp Bezel
- Limited Edition Certification Plate
- Personally Autographed by John Petrucci & Randall Smith
MSRP not available. More to follow at mesaboogie.com.
Viewers of this article also read...
- [NAMM] G. Benson's Ibanez signature goes SE George Benson's Ibanez signature model GB10 is now available in a Standard Edition (SE) variation.
- [NAMM] Reverend present B.Corgan signature model Reverend Guitars has introduces the BC-1, the signature guitar of the Smashing Pumpkins' Billy Corgan.
- [NAMM] Line 6 introduces Amplifi 30 amp Line 6 introduces a new compact combo in their AMPLIFi range.