* Canal 'CLEAN'
* Channel 2
- Bass (Middle + per switch)
- LvL out
* Channel 3
IDEM setting channel 2
Super easy to use.
It was the sound immediately. The setting is very accurate. That happiness.
CAUTION SENSITIVE SOUL ABSTAIN! Metal - Metal - Metal
The sound is just beautiful; Sublime! I never heard a sound from CD. It's really distos we can hear on albums by Metal 2000s. Incredible.
Clean, precise, dynamic, with this type of sound, it is almost impossible to get.
The clean channel is very good too.
Excellent overall opinion
Did you find this review helpful?yesno
Charlouse's review (This content has been automatically translated from French)
- What kind of amplification (lamp, transistor ,...)?
- 1U rack preamp any lamp, 2 x 12AX7 - 3 Channel.
It is no longer marketed, mine dating back to 1994
Branded Bogner. Hafler amps are now sound etc, nothing to do with the guitar.
- What connection?
- 2 outputs to power amplifier in the back, a footswitch, a send, return two, a facade and an input on the back, a branch noon.
- What are the settings, the effects? ...
- 3 Channel.
Channel 1 Clean - Bright Level
1 Canal Crunch, Drive, Bass (must be drawn on the knob to manage the medium), and treble level
A Distortion channel, Drive, Bass (must be drawn on the knob to manage the medium), and treble level.
At the rear there is a button that allows us to switch from-10dB to +4 dB.
Practice to play at home or to enjoy the qualitée lamps.
8 out of ten because quite comprehensive for its bargain price, the preamps of the same type are not as connectivity, washables pity that no equalization for the channel clear.
2nd little problem, change the channel with the footswitch only if damage is no footswitch but it's still practice.
- The configuration is it simple?
- Configuration ultra simple, you plug, turn the knobs and playing.
- Gets it easy to sound good?
- You still have to tweak a little, every little movement of knob can change the sound much.
- The manual is clear and sufficient? ...
- I did not have the manual.
- Will it fit your style of music?
Yes perfect, it has its own grain to him.
- With what (s) guitar (s) / low (s) or effect (s) do you play?
I use as a guitar jackson Dimarzio Tone Zone mounted.
As a power amp Mesa / Boogie fifty fifty
- What kind of sound you get and with what settings ("crystalline", "bold ",....)?
The lead was a huge win at the beginning it was hard to believe with the age of the preamp, and the fact that am not part of the "new generation".
Playing with the gain to 10/10 allows us to have a sound very saturated and very runny. He does not dislike at all!, Personally I play with the gain up to 6.
The bass can also go very far, but then I dont recommend to put a lot because too low then the same for treble, the knobs are numbered from -5 to 5, I almost cheeks with both of zero.
The mediums are, unlike the other not so easily influenced, I put them in depth.
The sound of the Hafler is very specific to them, sound very serious, I cheeks in E is the amp with whom I least like being in mi.
The crunch channel is virtually identical to the lead channel, the only difference is the level of gain (least important) and Mediums, one can more present there.
You can have a nice crunch, much more precise and warm than a 5150. (Via I do not like this amp, and I have not had the opportunity to play with a crunch of another amp, except that the Rocktron chameleon, in whom the crunch is just bad!)
There are not many possible changes, but the sound is more than adequate, bright button is very useful, it allows us to have a small crystal clear sound.
- What are the sounds you prefer, you hate?
I love cranberry two "saturated", it allows us to have a great range of sounds. Slight preference for the lead channel which have more presence and precision that the crunch channel, my old user was using the preamp equipped with a Mesa / Boogie ninety two, now have a triple rectified, and changes from his former configuration are not very very high level sounds!
So a sound approaching that of mesa boogie (with reserve)
- How long have you use it?
I will try to do a EDIT when I replaced the two lamps by two Electro-Harmonix.
- What is so special that you like most and least?
- The bargain price (I got personal € 250)
- The weight (very light only 2 lamps)
- The quality / price (used) the quality is above the price.
- Connection complete enough for my taste.
- Sound quality.
- Good luck to find it secondhand!
- Unfortunately longer marketed.
- (Personal Opinion) Too bad the two outlets are on the right, because the input of my power amp is on the left, a jack 30cm is not enough
- Have you tried many other models before buying it?
Honestly no, I played on a Rocktron Chameleon I did not like (I kept it ... one month before the aquérir Hafler). Some pods, I also used the 5150 as the peavey preamp. This is the best preamp that I could acquire and that I have heard (this game is price)
- How would you rate the quality / price?
Secondhand + € -250 ... it's really given the big sound for cheap.
No new price because it is no longer marketed (I know I repeat myself).
- With experience, you do again this choice? ...
Ben is like now without any problems!
I think it will remain a nice little moment in my rack!