Lee Jackson GP-1000
Lee Jackson GP-1000
Blackbendi Blackbendi

«  Alexi Laiho's for ... »

Publié le 05/04/11 à 12:36
A single input on the front, two master.
Three 12AX7 tubes. No effect.

So easy.

Very simple.
As drummer at the base, I do not know much. But there need not be in the middle of the guitar for a long time to understand.

You plug the guitar to the amp, preamp and the rest (depending on configuration).

The manual is readily available on the Internet, he explains precisely the connections to do any configuration.

This amp delivers pure sound easily Metalheads (vintage though)

Will it fit your style of music?
Ideally, the metal a little vintage.

This amp delivers a powerful sound with lots of treble, it is terribly accurate. And that palm mute ......... What a joy!

I use a preamp RT2/50 RANDALL, coupled with two speakers ROCTRON, all used with a Signature Alexi Laiho LTD. Result: A pure bliss!

on the other hand for the sounds, the knobs are good runs but the difference is not obvious. Except for knob disto. But the low volume pot for example ..... it's barely audible.

Firstly, I want to say I bought this preamp to get a sound approximating Children Of Bodom. Objective accomplished. Obviously I do not sound identical COB only preamp that is a hallmark of fabrique.On Desuite feels from the first notes played.
So I'm not agree with a notice previously posted, if you want to get closer to that famous sound COB, you can invest in this gem. However, it remains to note that if I have a sound that is similar is that I Laiho signature guitar and I played on a preamp ANY TWO LIGHTS and good speakers. Before it was on a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, he spoke a lot less, it has nothing to do. You must leave some money for the rest of the stuff.

In short, a purchase that I do it again without hesitation. Counsel, the best to find it is ebay / with a price hovering around $ 400. The value for money remains interesting even if its price has increased due to the use (among other things) COB.
For you must know that it sounds very typical and somewhat versatile, do not expect to do anything other than hard rock or metal with this machine!