- A stereo compressor lamps 2U rack: threshold, attack, release, gain make-up and stereo link (off, on, BIG)
- Double preamp gain, 48V power supply, phase reverse, switchable high-pass (off, 50 or 100 Hz)
- Preamp instrument lamp for guitar, bass, synth ...: regulation of input sensitivity, EQ (low, treble, bright gain, switch to bypass the EQ) and gain saturation of the lamp.
- I / O Mic / Line XLR, instrument input 1 / 4 TS, 2 inserts / side chain in 1 1 / 4 TRS
The least we can say is that the unit is pretty well supplied!
One may regret the absence of bypass switch inserts / side chain ...
- The knobs are nice, and the switches, the look is strong.
- There is a switch for selecting the input on the front panel for each channel, not very practical for any rewiring!
- The VU can be switched to the output, gain reduction or the return of the side chain for a lot of flexibility and control.
- The silkscreen on the front panel could be more explicit for the values of attack and release of the compressor (fortunately we have the true values in the manual!)
Finally, for the settings, everything is done to the ear (no joke ... you might say!) Fairly easily and quickly.
Wow! Slap! It surpasses anything that I had the opportunity to hear so far ...
The sound is huge!
The instrument input (tested with a guitar) has an impressive array of colors.
The Mic preamps are clean, with that little twist of color who "heats up" without excess.
But then the compressor, its reactions are extremely efficient, and everything will go smoothly after all. It is possible to obtain very high levels of output without it distorts the sound is too much. The set is very musical and it's really a joy to hear.
I use it recently, I am still in learning mode of the beast, which is fairly tame my time ... but I could not wait further to express my emotions (because that's Here it is!)
Its flexibility is a huge advantage, instrument input, dual preamp and compressor. The silkscreen on the front panel could have been improved with the value display of attack and release the compressor and the bypass switch inserts / side chain adds ... I'm choosy, but still ...
Between plugs of soft compression, and a MDX2200 compressors in my 328 (which are widely used, them), guess which one I prefer ... I wanted a machine to do everything (almost )..., for the big sound, at once, and live to tape! Well voila, it's done. For recording (live or insert) or the final mix down, I think it will make me good service and the best way possible!
I really remake this choice with eyes closed.
In view of its capacity / sound quality, the 1969 is a exellent investment.