Images
1/180
M-Audio Fast Track

Thread M-audio and recording vocals on cubase

• 3 replies
  • 2 participants
  • 0 follower
1 M-audio and recording vocals on cubase
Hello I wonder if anyone could help me. I have recently bought an M-audio USB interface for recording vocals on cubase.. as yet I have signal showing and sound playing thu headphones on the M-audio but have not had any signal on an audio track on cubase with this. I have installed drivers etc but I think I need to do something re ASIO drivers and I dont know how to access that! I think its in preferences but no idea how to get there.. Please can some one help me. THANK YOU SO MUCH.
Ty
What m-audio interface, and what version of cubase?
thanks Sparrowband, its an M-audio FAST TRACK and Cubase SX3
I have found the 'exterior instrument' in the VST panel and turned it on ( although it doesnt say fast track in there!) .. and I have put the windows 'sound record and vioce record ' to FAST TRACK but still .. nope?

by the way when I am playing music on Windows media player it shows up on the audio input of cubase! is that something wrong or normal?
increasingly bemused!
no, the windows media player isn't normal. The line in port/mic should be the one that recieves signal. Something is strange about your signal path. Try adjusting that in the devices menu. Also, under the devices menu>device settings you will find the ASIO driver settings.

Consult the Cubase SX3 help forums on steinburg's website! they have a much larger/specific knowlage than we do.

goodluck