- What characteristics have motivated your choice?
I just wanted something out between the sound and, in extension of my Mac Book. In addition, I wanted to correct preamps and a 96kHz work for cheap. Also, I wanted the Firewire because of USB, I really tons.
- For what purpose?
I use it in computer music in my home studio enthusiast. I can record guitar and vocals with guitar amp simulations in Garageband.
- What is your config (Motherboard / CPU / Ram / Hard ,...)?
Mac Book with 1.25 GB of Ram, 40 GB HDD and an external hard drive
- Which instruments and systems (console, preamp, DTD ...) you use it and how connections? ...
This is the direct Guitar / Mic => Sound Card => Computer => External Hard Drive.
I put 8 because there is no XLR inputs
- The installation is done it without problems?
No installation is required on the Mac, the card is automatically recognized.
- Have you experienced any incompatibilities?
In fact, when I branch hot, there is a small timing issue but everything works out when I touch setup and I put the onne sampling frequency.
- The general configuration is easy?
Easy in the extreme. Everything happens in the configuration of Mac OSX.
- The manual is clear and sufficient? ...
Yes, no manual, but it is not necessary. Note however that the card manages the 7.1, and is made to mix this. However, I do not use this feature.
- The drivers are stable?
No problem except the driver described above. It should be noted that there is no specific interface. It can be a problem, it is not for me.
- Are they often updated?
No, I have not seen any update for now. I think there will be none.
- What software do you use most often?
Garageband above. Audacity a little now and then.
- What you get lag?
I get a latency of 2.5 ms with for example the Korg Legacy Collection. I have less latency 96kHz to 44.1 kHz. Will understand!
- How many tracks you get to record / play time? ...
I have not seen the limits of the beast. I have no answer on this point.
As it corresponds perfectly to what I asked, I put 10.
- How long have you use it?
I use it for 6 months. However, I sometimes neglects for M-Audio Black Box for ... the XLR input
- What is so special that you like most and least?
What I like most is the design, ease of use, firewire, mobility and integration into the OS.
What I like least is the lack of XLR, that there is no jack for output 6.35 but small Jacks
- Did you try many other models before buying it?
No, I took correspondence without trying others.
- How would you rate the quality / price?
The ratio Q / P is very interesting for those who want to make good recordings. I even save a model in a hotel one night while I was training. The heaviest mobile in my config is the guitar is a good sign!
- With experience, you do again this choice? ...
Yes, because it is the only model that allows small price of 96 kHz (some do not care, I prefer) and even if there is no MIDI, it works really well I think.