Steinberg CI2
indaure indaure
Publié le 03/07/10 à 11:29
◦ What characteristics have motivated your choice?

The fact that there is a map above and Cubase Steinberg could only be decreased latency. Map seems more solid. In addition there is the famous AI Knob which allows to control provides Cubase AI 5.
◦ For what purpose?

I bought the base register and learn Cubase. Today I used to record all kinds of groups (rock, pop, electronica, jazz, choral ,...)
◦ What is your config (Motherboard / CPU / Ram / Disk ,...)?

I own a Toshiba Satellite laptop Dual Core 4G, purchased primarily for making music
◦ With what instruments or systems (console, preamp, DTD ...) you are using and how connections?

I plug into USB (no choice). I record all sorts of instruments (guitars, bass, vocals, sometimes copper ,...) using preamp, sometimes live and hack the sound on Cubase.

The card has the phono knob to the master output, both input jack / XLR possible and barnacle DAW. There is also a 48V power supply (although useful for some studio microphone) and a button to allow mono output.

You can record 2 instruments mono simultanéee in 2 different tracks or a stereo instrument.

Cubase AI 5 is great (nothing to do with 4). After 4 months of use intenssive with no limit (even on projects of 40 tracks including twenty VST).

Latency is rare, negligible or nonexistent. This now is that watching a DVD on the computer, itunes and Utorrent lit there is a considerable lag but hey nothing very surprising. basically if you play music in Cubase, I suggest you tell your computer to do only ca.

Regarding the AI ​​Knob I used it a little early (to send the recording to the foot using a footswitch), but even if it can be very useful for some, I never used .

GETTING STARTED

Cubase AI 5 (rovide with) instalation is quite simple although a bit long in my memory (an hour before they started playing). The search for security keys is a bit laborious but good for a novice it gets there anyway.

The problem with Cubase is at synchronization interfaces noon (I have a master keyboard and AC was a real pain to do so by recognizing cubase).

A huge tip: do not run Cubase as a kakou no experience, reading the tutorial (very well done) is mandatory for all novices. It takes about 2 days of testing before you embark on your own projects;

I use it for 4 months, bought mainly because I'd just buy a PC to get into the WAM for real.
At the sound card, I tried some thing very average or low end like low-end M-Audio or Behringer and each time, latency and quality problem was at the appointment.
In software after having tried Ableton Live and have quickly given up, I had turned to such audacity free by exploiting fully this very limited piece of software for mixing and recording as you can imagine. Cubase short changed my life creatively. there is a before and after Cubase at my sound and my work ergonomics.
€ 200 for a sound card may seem expensive but ca vien Cubase dépence quickly catch up. A real plus. Especially after the reviews that the LE version is no longer considered a real demo version for 200 € and can not find a sound card with another that Cubase LE. Version Number 5 is a real version and is the highlight of this sound card.

In short the quality / price is more than good; My only regret today because I am saving groups, a multitrack sound cards have had the welcome but is it really worthwhile to pay double for the final version have Cubase LE?? So given my budget I probably would do the choosing;