Tascam US-16X08
  • Increase or decrease font size
  • RSS

All user reviews of 2/5 for the Tascam US-16X08

Average Score:3.0( 3/5 based on 3 reviews )
Audience: Beginners
Not satisfied with those reviews?Request a new review
View price information
Deety08/24/2016

Deety's review"No effects loop"

Tascam US-16X08
Using a DAW (Cubase Pro 8.5) the device is fine. The drivers I have work (so-far) flawlessly with W10 and a 5 year old I7 processor.
The problem for me is this, without the DAW there is no Safe way to set up an effects send/return loop when the device is connected to the computer. I've been using a 1st gen. Focusrite 6i6 and have had a send/return loop set up so that I can play my guitar straight into the interface via an H&K 1812 amp DI output. With a simple setting change I can configure the interface to either send the effects loop through Cubase, or straight out of the interface into the same effects loop. The only way I can find to do this on the Tascam leads to a feedback loop through the interface which can only be controlled by turning down the gain on the effects return input channels. It appears as though the Tascam is really designed for use in a DAW environment, or not connected to a computer at all. Maybe the Focusrite has spoiled me, but I cant help thinking (and hoping) that this is something which could, if not should, have been built in to the software from day one. Without this capability the interface seems to be somewhat lacking in it's abilities, although so-far the quality of the interface itself seems not to be an issue, it's just a little limited. I hope to be proven wrong.