Gibson has recreated the 1979 Flying V played by Kirk Hammet and offers it in two very limited editions.
150 copies of the Gibson Custom Kirk Hammet Flying V will be produced. They will be aged, and 50 of them signed by Metallica’s guitarist.
- 1-piece mahogany body
- Maple/mahogany neck
- Rosewood fingerboard, 22 frets, pearloid dot inlays
- 12" radius
- 1.562" nut width
- 24–3/4" scale
- 70"-style round tip headstock
- white truss rod cover with gold “Gibson”
- Schaller M6 chromed tuners
- Chrome-plated brass modified Tune-O-Matic bridge with stop bar tailpiece
- White 4-ply BWBW pickguard
- 2 EMG 81 pickups (neck) and 1 EMG H pickup (bridge) with ceramic magnet
- 2 volume controls, 1 tone control
- 3-way switchcraft with cream plastic tip
- Nitrocellulose Ebony Aged finish
- Custom Shop hardcase included
The signed version is priced at $9 880, and the unsigned Aged version at $7 527. More details on www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Flying-V/Gibson-Custom/Kirk-Hammett-Flying-V.aspx.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Empress Effects releases Reverb stompbox Empress Effects has announced their Reverb pedal has started shipping, and requests customer inputs for next feature to be added in a free update.
- iRig products to unlock Cubasis LE features Owners of IK Multimedia’s iRig digital interfaces, mics & MIDI controllers can now unlock features inside of Cubasis LE for iPad.
- Flash sale on Mr. Black's Eterna reverb pedal Today and tomorrow, the Eterna reverb pedal is available with a discount from Mr. Black's online store.