Digidesign Velvet

(2 reviews)
Editorial review
Tines in Velvet wrapping

Digidesign's Velvet: The Test

Electric Pianos never seem to go out of style; and because they’ve now gone virtual, Digidesign has decided to come out with their own version of these timeless instruments. Read more…
  • stompboxjonstompboxjon

couldnt ask for more

Digidesign VelvetPublished on 07/05/12 at 21:22
    Digidesign Velvet can run on a mac or a pc. If you are using a pc it can run on xp or vista computers and if you are using a mac its only for Mac OS X 10.5 or 10.6 intel only. So those are things that you will need to keep in mind before you even think of purchasing it, especially if you are a mac because I know several people that had some major compatibility issues with it on their mac, there are some work arounds though to get it to work but it will take some patience and most of use don’t want to be patient we want to play with our new vst. When using Velvet you will get a realistic electric piano sound naturally , you wont have to get in and start eq ing a lot and changing the way that it sounds. Right out of the box you will get sounds that you are very happy with and they will sound real and like the came from a real electric piano. There are also some controls where the pre amps are that can really bring your sound more too life and make it thicker and warmer instantly. You will have a lot of control over how the piano’s sound by tweaking some of the easily visible on screen options and sliders. You can modify sounds so easy, that’s one of the great things about this software.

It was quick and easy to install, just keep in mind what kind of system you have on mac, with pc you will be ok either way unless you are using an old machine. But with a mac it can get tricky.

There are 210 electrical sounding pianos that are ready to be used right out of the box. They will sound great, and you can select a preset and start tweaking it and come up with some amazing sounding electric pianos that no one has ever heard. It is very easy to get some good sounding pianos , and make them sound different when using dig designs velvet.
  • moosersmoosers

Digidesign VelvetPublished on 10/18/09 at 09:50
    Digidesign Velvet is a virtual electric piano designed to get sounds like a Fender Rhodes.  The installation process of Digidesign Velvet wasn't too hard at all as it only took a few minutes and was a pain free experience.  I didn't have any compatibility problems and other issues and since installing the software I have been able to use it without any problems.  The interface of the software is easy to figure out even though there are a lot of features and parameters to get used to.  I love having so many different parameters because it makes it possible to get just about any type of electric piano sound that I am looking for.  I haven't looked much at the manual, so I can't say if it would be helpful or not.

I am currently running Digidesign Velvet on a Mac Book Pro that has a 2.2 Ghz Intel Core Duo processor and 4 GB of RAM.  I run the software in Apple Logic most of the time and will sometimes rout it to Pro Tools LE 7.4 if I so desire.  I am able to run the software smoothly and stably within this configuration and have never had any problems in this category at all.  As long as you have an adequate system to run your sequencer on, I can't imagine that you would have much trouble running Digidesign Velvet, but it really depends on what you are running...

I've been using Digidesign Velvet for a few months and it has become one of my new favorite electronic piano virtual instruments.  It has a very sweet sound and sounds very similar to the real thing.  I like the fact that you get so many different parameters to work with as it really extends the palette of sounds that this software has to offer.  The price is very reasonable, so if you are looking for a great sounding and versatile virtual instrument when it comes to the electronic piano, Digidesign Velvet is a must have.

Audience analysis (Google Analytics)
Advertising (Google Ads)
Marketing (Meta Pixel)

On our websites, we use the Meta Pixel. The Meta Pixel is a remarketing pixel implemented on our websites that allows us to target you directly via the Meta Network by serving ads to visitors of our websites when they visit the social networks Facebook and Instagram. The meta pixel are code snippets which are able to identify your browser type via the browser ID - the individual fingerprint of your browser - and to recognise that you have visited our websites and what exactly you have looked at on our websites. When you visit our websites, the pixel establishes a direct connection to Meta's servers. Meta is able to identify you by your browser ID, as this is linked to other data about you stored by Meta on your Facebook or Instagram user account. Meta then delivers individualised ads from us on Facebook or on Instagram that are tailored to your needs.

We ourselves are not in a position to identify you personally via the meta pixel, as apart from your browser ID no other data is stored with us via the pixel.

For more information about the Meta Pixel, the details of data processing via this service and Meta's privacy policy, please visit Meta Privacy Policy - How Meta collects and uses user data for Facebook and Meta Privacy Policy - How Meta collects and uses user data for Instagram.

Meta Platforms Ireland Ltd. is a subsidiary of Meta Platforms, Inc. based in the USA. It cannot be ruled out that your data collected by Facebook will also be transmitted to the USA.

Audience analysis (Google Analytics)

Advertising (Google Ads)