Albino 3 is created by LinPlug, I have used several other Lin Plug stuff before and they never fail me. They have always stayed on top of technology and making sure they keep the latest and newest effects and sounds over everyone else. Rob Ppaen is the creator behind Albino 3 and the thing about Rob Papen is that he is a great sound designer and has been doing it for so long now. That is the reason why I purchased this software, just because I know Rob Papen is behind it and anything that he has his hands in I will purchase because the stuff he can create is awesome.
The software is pretty easy to get started with and up and running. It has a tone of sounds and presets that you can use, and surprisingly it didn’t take that long to install onto my dual core pc running vista. I have used it in several different sequencing programs and daws and having had any issues with it yet. But if you start to run a bunch of different Albino 3’s at the same time in the same session it can slow your system down some, but that’s probably just because its just so large of program, so I usually will just track out the sequence that I recorded with Albino 3 in .wav format, then just bring the wav file back into the sequence and delete the original albino 3 plug in. Doing this saves me a lot of cpu from time to time when I need it during the creation of some of my more indepth songs.
Overall, its made by Rob Papen, so you know you are going to get a great synth plug in. This is a no brainer and a must have for your vst arsenal. Buy it
If I was asked to make a list of my top 10 software synths, this would be in the top 5. I have never opened this synth up and got a bad sound. It is feature packed, but compact, not taking up too much screen space or cpu. It features 4 oscillators, 2 Filters, envelopes for all of these, a modulation matrix, 4 LFO's, an arpeggiator, and 4 Effects slots, plus 4 layers! The oscillators have multiple modes, one for White, Pink and Brown noise, A digital mode that allows you to effectively "warp" two waveforms together and an analog FM, AM and PW Modulation module. There are four different filter models, each capable of different types of filtering, and each with a unique sound. Another awesome feature is it comes with 2100 presets designed by master sound designer Rob Papen. These are easily tweaked and a great way to learn your way around the synth and get a good feel for it. The built in effects are of the highest quality, and my personal favorite is the "Gator" Trance gate effect. I really love this synth because I can always get it to do EXACTLY what I want without long programming times and having to compromise in the end result. I also love the ultra fat spread, it definitely makes for some sweet, wonky sounds. There are all kinds of innovative ways to squeeze sweet sounds outta this guy, and I love how the appearance is feature packed, while being condensed but not cluttered. The performance is absolutely FLAWLESS, had it for 5 months, never a single hitch in Ableton Live 8. Always performs to the highest expectations. The price is a little high, but in my opinion worth it 100%! I have no regrets in buying this product and would recommend it to anyone making any kind of music EVER.
Did you find this review helpful?yesno
industrialhz's review (This content has been automatically translated from French)
The facility performs without problem, no incompatibility observed in XP, either with or SX3 LIVE 7. (However, some may not be Paramtres "automatiss" with LIVE since too many problem ... due to Ableton, and not VST
Regarding the manual, I did not lay eyes on it: a synthesizer "classic", with a routing sounds and "effects" clear enough to avoid having to read anything at all in compl tion (under reserve to know the outline of the synthse)
- Main configuration, see profile
- This software works perfectly on this configuration, but also on another PC (1GB RAM, 3.6GHz, ...) o frquemment I happen to open it on a dozen tracks ... is stable.
Note however that using Time limits and reverb, although I do not albino because those accustomed to other VST Whereas increasing resource consumption ... (You should know that I work on a track 15In GENERALLY, each having at least 5 VST his office) but in this configuration, or delays rverb shows the limits of my 3GB of RAM.
- I use it for about 3 weeks (from 5 / day)
- Features that I enjoy most:
- The wealth of sounds possible (I use it exclusively electro, so I could give any advice on synthse instruments rel), and the ease of obtaining ... VST very intuitive
- Filters numerous, but mostly having a very good record, gradual, etc. ... it is the same for envelopes.
- The "glide" very effective!
- The possible modulations of sound output for me are original and varied Plutt
- No loss of sound in the very very low frequencies, it is limited by the speakers Gnrale more than software
- PRSET GENERALLY Plutt penss well, and very many ... though in the end they are used only as a working basis.
- Audio input on version 3
- The analog osc suited to the sound I seek, with a strong point of the "sub"
- Features that I enjoy the least:
- Arp limit when choosing the octave by rating (it can, however, that I do not know how to use it, I did not look too am above that seen Gnrale RULES what the cluck of synthesizers do not ... m'intresse south are the patterns for her, more efficient and more specific on the best of possible arpgiateurs)
- Mandatory use of adjuncts in a good compressor for polyphony, a parameter equalizer for precision sound, noise gate, distortion and a true ... that are not presents in the vst (which did not truly possible negatives because that can of VST synthesizers have such effects), or no real parameter (I think of ... including the distortion and the effects reveb types, like, whawha, etc ...)
- Offer the waves at the base of the synthses are quickly used to fawn "random image" in my case, very many and not necessarly easy to use in the first (but it is probably lack of practice on my part and not enough depth of knowledge in the Contents)
- Gnrateur just ugly noise to the ear, and very basic (yet very personal opinion)
- I used er ... a significant amount of VST synthesizers ago .. I only work with her, so the name would take too long.
- Report quality money: let's say for a VST and given the sounds ... its still a quality alternative to synthesizers of mid-range and whose rates are exorbitant
- After use, I would do it without hesitating choices ... sounds match my expectations (under reserve of the use of other adjuncts in vst ... but it is a Gnrale for all VST I've used). It is a very good basis for synthse, readily available and easy! I use it almost exclusively Manir with a friend of his from reFX ...
for all other information, problem or adjuncts to use, does not hesitate to contact me, I'd be delighted to help readers AF