IK Multimedia announces that SampleTank Free for iPhone/iPod touch is now available in the iTunes App store.
Together with the newly-released regular version of SampleTank, the two apps are sample-based sound and groove modules available for the iOS mobile platform.
Both can be played using the built-in keyboard and patterns, but they can also be used with an external keyboard controller and a MIDI interface - like the newly-released iRig MIDI - to replace older hardware sound and synthesizer modules for live performance.
SampleTank Free users can start using 8 instruments (4 + 4 by registering) on their iOS device including Drums, Bass, Electric Piano, Acoustic Guitar, Synth Lead and Woodwinds. The instruments also come with over 400 rhythmic and melodic patterns.
Users can expand their sonic palette to 400 instruments and 900 patterns by accessing the in-app store where they can find 16 categories of sounds covering: Pianos, Organs, Strings, Basses, Guitars, Drums, Synths, Woodwinds, Brass, Ethnic Instruments, Percussion and more accessible from inside the app. Single instruments categories can be added for only $4.99/€3.99 or as a complete collection for a discounted price of $39.99/€31.99. Free version users can also upgrade to all the sounds included in the regular version of SampleTank for only $9.99/€7.99.
Both in the free and in the regular version, users can access three main sections of the app:
- The Sounds page is where users can browse and audition the hundreds of available sounds and patterns which are organized in icon-based categories. Both the included instruments and the add-on instruments can be auditioned here to choose what the user prefers. Here users can play up to 4 simultaneous instruments and save or recall them using the built-in preset system.
- The Edit page is where the user can personalize the sound and effects parameters through knobs for immediate sound and effect parameter tweaking. Each SampleTank sound is "production-ready" since it comes with pre-programmed built-in effects.
- The Play page is where every type of musician finds a play environment in their iOS device with a dual piano-style keyboard, a scale-based keyboard or drum pads.
- 4-part multi-timbral sound and groove module
- Expandable sound library with m400 instruments in 16 categories
- Selection of melodic and rhythmic patterns for accompaniment or groove creation
- Built-in insert effects and master reverb
- Sound and effects editing with multiple parameters
- Play interface with piano keyboard, scale-based keyboard and drum pads
- Compatible with iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPod touch 4th and 3rd generation, iPad 2 and iPad with iOS 4.3 and newer
- Designed in concert with iRig MIDI interface for iOS devices
Pricing & Availability:
SampleTank Free for iPhone/iPod touch is now available on the iTunes App store. The regular version of SampleTank with 72 built-in sounds is also available for an introductory price of only $9.99/€7.99.
A universal iPad version of SampleTank is also in development and will be available soon. Current users of SampleTank for iPhone/iPod will be able to update to this version for free when it becomes available.
iRig MIDI, the Core MIDI interface for iOS, is already shipping and is available for €54.99 in selected music instruments and electronic retailers. Owners of iRig MIDI also get a sound-set of 48 sounds for free by registering.