Sonic Charge Updates µTonic 3
Sonic Charge has released version 3.0.1 of µTonic, a virtual drum and percussion synthesizer instrument for Windows and Mac.
You can use µTonic as a sound module to play drum sounds from your MIDI keyboard or sequencer, or you can use the built-in pattern engine to play drum patterns in sync with your sequencer. The sound of µTonic is synthetic and rendered in real-time. No samples or pre-rendered waveforms are used.
Changes in µTonic v3.0.1
- Fixed a problem in the AU version when loading version 2 projects that could make µTonic use the wrong program number.
- Fixed a problem with clicks in exported audio when using the “Append” tail mode.
- Fixed a rare timing drift problem between GUI and audio when using certain audio cards.
- Solved a compatibility problem with the Windows version of Nuendo that froze the application when using copy functions in µTonic.
- Eliminated some almost inaudible but unwanted aliasing in the sine oscillator.
- µTonic now displays a special message when attempting to register with a version 1 or 2 key.
- Code is PPC G4 compatible again (just as version 2 was).
- Updated scripting engine.
Pricing & Availability
µTonic for Windows and Mac (AU/VST) is available to purchase for $99 USD + VAT.
Sonic Charge has also announced the launch of a community forum, and the release of documentation on the scripting engine, including a zip package containing a few scripts to start off.
For more information: Sonic Charge
Viewers of this article also read...
- Geniesoft Updates Overture & Score Writer GenieSoft has announced that Overture and Score Writer for Mac OS X (Intel) have been updated to version 4.15 Patch 1 and now feature Audio Unit plug-in hosting.
- ProXL Sonic Explorer ProXL has updated Sonic Explorer to version 1.1.
- ASL SoundLab Void ASL SoundLab has released Void, a filter effect plug-in for Windows.