Shure is now shipping the Axient Wireless Management Network, which can automatically change frequencies to avoid interference.
The Axient system’s agility in difficult RF conditions is driven by four key features:
- Interference Detection and Avoidance detects RF interference and enables the system is designed to move to a clear and compatible frequency in milliseconds, according to Shure.
- Frequency Diversity mode designed to transmit full-bandwidth audio on two separate frequencies. If one frequency is disrupted by interference, the audio from the second frequency is automatically used.
- ShowLink remote control designed to enable the operator to make real-time remote adjustments of transmitter settings (such as audio gain, RF output power, and RF mute) while the microphone is live, without interrupting a performance. Control coverage extends throughout the entire performance area and can be extended to include backstage areas.
- The Axient Spectrum Manager is designed to scan the spectrum constantly, and monitors, ranks, and deploys backup frequencies automatically. This is designed to ensure that the system uses only the cleanest frequencies during a performance.
Axient transmitters rely on Lithium-Ion rechargeable batteries and smart chargers. Axient batteries are designed to provide up to nine hours of run time with zero memory effect, and remaining battery life – accurate to within 15 minutes – is displayed on the transmitter, on the receiver, and in the Wireless Workbench software. The Rack Mount Charging Station offers battery storage and charging for up to eight bodypack or handheld batteries, and is networked for remote monitoring.
Axient uses Wireless Workbench 6, a new software interface that enables users to monitor and control the entire system. The software uses scan data, an internal TV channel database, and compatibility algorithms to create a list of clean, viable frequencies for primary and backup channels in a system.
The Axient Wireless Management Network is now available through designated Shure Axient dealers.
For more information, visit www.axient.net.
Viewers of this article also read...
- [MUSIKMESSE] JBL M20 JBL adds the M20, a dual 10" stage monitor, to its VTX M Series.
- [MUSIKMESSE] JBL EON One JBL introduces EON One, a new portable, all-in-one PA system.
- [MUSIKMESSE] Korg Stageman 80 Korg presents the Stageman 80, a sort of mix between a guitar amp, a portable PA system and a groovebox.