M-Audio Oxygen 8
M-Audio Oxygen 8

25-Key MIDI Keyboard from M-Audio belonging to the Oxygen series.

FP User FP User
Publié le 10/31/08 à 16:00
This unit gives you a taste of basically everything you need to create music. It has 8 programmable knobs with an on-screen display of the current setting, so you can pinpoint the values on the spot without guessing. It only has 25 keys, but it's easy to flip through octaves. Also, being that the keys are velocity-sensitive makes a huge difference; it takes out most of the &quot;midi-sound&quot;. The pitch bender and modulation wheels are a nice plus also. I give the features a 9 simply because it's not for the true piano player, theres just not enough keys. But for someone who wants to step away from step sequencing their melodies and get into the basics of piano, this is the unit of chice.

Price paid

$120

This one would depend on what you actually have it plugged into... I'm running it with FL Studio and it's extremely easy to assign the knobs and stuff. So ease of use in my situation is a 10.

It has held up for quite some time, and nothing has given me problems yet. My only complaint is that it looks like a child's toy. It's much more capable than it looks...

This unit has brought me completely away from step-sequencing, and that's a major improvement to me. I think the next step for me will be moving up to a larger keyboard with the same features. So if you're a producer and you feel like you're in a rut with the same old thing, Pick up one of these things, it's the ultimate door to improving your music.

Originally posted on FutureProducers.com
Posted by: SacDeadbeatS ( 8-, 2005)