M-Audio Oxygen 49 (Silver)
M-Audio Oxygen 49 (Silver)

49-Key MIDI Keyboard from M-Audio belonging to the Oxygen (Silver) series.

webstersays webstersays
Publié le 08/18/08 à 08:56
I got this because I wanted a little MIDI controller and keyboard for my home studio. I wanted one that played fairly well as far as keys go, and that had some of the neat features like MIDI knobs and switches to control your software programs. This one even has faders on it which give it extra usability and a neat look. Also there's a mod wheel and pitch bend, which are great for giving performances some extra life. There are MIDI connections and also a pedal connection if you want that.

The action on the keyboard suits my needs. It is obviously not like a real piano, though, so if that's what you're looking for, look elsewhere. It has the light springy action that is common to a lot of keyboards like this. This makes it versatile for a bunch of different playing styles including using it for MIDI drums. You wouldn't want action that feels like a real piano if you're programming drums with it. It is very easy to set up and get going with this keyboard. All the controls are very easy to use and understand. In case you have any problems, the manual explains all the features well.

I've been using this for over a year now. I like all of the extra features you get with this in addition to it being just a 49-key piano. You can control all kinds of parameters in your programs with this thing too. It's faults are that it's hard to play piano parts that need a lot of expression well with this, it just ends up sounding fake a lot of the time. However for something like a synthesizer or other instrument, it well serve you very well. Also the faders on this are not automated, which makes them a little less useful. These are pretty cheap, so they are a good value if you want a MIDI controller to get you started at a home studio. I would make the same choice - it has served me well and all the keys still work!