Yamaha KX49
Yamaha KX49
Chlamydiae 05/04/2008

Yamaha KX49 : Chlamydiae's user review

I want a keypad with encoders, both here as transport controls, the software bundle and arpgiateur.

Ct quality of the keyboard, it is obviously not the quality of manufacture of my Yamaha DX 11 (which he more aftertouch), but it is reasonable trs, and the buttons and encoders seem solid.

A good place for connections (one pair over MIDI in the usb), and electric power book (but it can be powered by usb)

Flexible enough to touch but enjoyable, with many curves and even a VLOC VLOC fixed. Installation without problem (except that the authorization to Cubase AI4 is a chore, fortunately without dongle ...). Warning: it is apparently not possible to have multiple splitter or MIDI channels rpart on the keyboard (it's a keypad as a keyboard Matra). For cons, the transport keys are used to control Cubase (AI4 or another, or another DAW), easy configuration as the KX mule a Mackie Control).
Big intrt also for plug-in VST instruments, with 30 templates book and the possibility to program other and back, thanks to the KX Editor, Free yamahasynth on the site. Manuel trs well.

I've had 15 days before I was using my keyboard as DX 11 matre is my first keyboard CONTRL.

Goodies: good quality for all, and expression agrment VST to play, easy to order from the keyboard squenceur (transport, mixing window, solo, mute, etc ...) , bundled software (Cubase AI4, Analog Factory SE), ultra-complete arpgiateur

Cons: no aftertouch, no sliders, and no split or zone (at least I have not found ...).

I do not regret my purchase, good value price quality I think