[NAMM] Taylor 800 Series revisited
Taylor Guitars celebrate its 40th anniversary by redoing its flagship guitar series and reintroducing it at NAMM 2014.
After last year's success with the Grand Orchestra, the Taylor team has focused on the whole 800 Series with the goal of bringing "the highest quality sound to the forefront and make everything in the guitar's design work to serve that goal," according to cofounder Bob Taylor.
What changed you ask?
- Bracing: each of the new 800 Series models features a unique new bracing design to bring out greater warmth, midrange, balance and sustain.
- Protein Glues: coupled with the new bracing schemes is the use of protein glues. With the new braces providing an energy transmission network for the top and back of the guitars, these instrument-friendly protein adhesives facilitate their movement in a different way, enhancing clarity and volume.
- Finish Thickness: reduced thickness of the polyester gloss, ultraviolet light-cured finish to an average of 3.5 mils or less, which helps make the guitars louder and more responsive.
- Wood Thickness: optimized dimensions to bring out the best of each body shape.
- String Gauge: a new Elixir Strings HD Light string set with customized string gauges.
- Pickup: the new 800 series guitars feature Taylor's new Expression System 2 (ES2), which incorporates three individually calibrated pickup sensors installed behind the saddle, through the bridge, to capture more of each guitar's dynamic properties and acoustic energy.
- Aesthetic Package: updated look featuring new binding and purfling, fretboard inlays, rosette and backstrip, along with a rosewood pickguard and marbled ebony fretboards.
The newly redesigned 800 Series models are currently available at authorized Taylor dealers.
For more info visit www.taylorguitars.com.
Viewers of this article also read...
- [NAMM] Marshall shows off new tattoos at NAMM Marshall joined forces with 5 tattooists to customize a series of combos and stacks from the Marshall Custom Shop.
- [NAMM] Washburn Nuno Bettencourt N4CV Washburn Guitars will bring to the NAMM 2014 the N4CV, a new version of the Nuno Bettencourt N4 signature model.
- [NAMM] [VIDEO] Yamaha THR 5 and 10 firmware update Yamaha just announced in time for the NAMM 2014 a new firmware update (V.2) for its THR Series.