Behringer V-Tone Acoustic ADI21
Behringer V-Tone Acoustic ADI21

V-Tone Acoustic ADI21, Multi-Effect for Acoustic Guitar from Behringer in the V-Tone series.

miconmac 05/08/2006

Behringer V-Tone Acoustic ADI21 : miconmac's user review

• Partager
Case DI + preamp / equalizer / amplifier simulteur guitar acoustic electric lamp format pedal.
Input jack 6.35
6.35 Output jack and XLR

Plastic case but gives a good impression (it is heavy) in terms of robustness

NOT insert in contrast to the effects loop SansAmp whose ADI21 is inspired.

I think this pedal is a bit difficult to adjust if you want to first find a neutral setting and then color the sound gradually. In fact, it was soon forced to change methods and agree not to actually do in the shade.
The equalizer-preamp built into my guitar (I am fortunate to have a setting on the parametric mids) appears thinner and more powerful. However, my Epiphone PR350 is not especially renowned for the quality of its sound system.

The party ID seems to be of good quality and is certainly not short of providing a sound comparable to DI boxes of much more expensive. For cons, I have the impression that the quality of the effect (simulation of a tube preamp and EQ semiparametric) is clearly a notch below the original sound because the guitar is systematically distorted. This is not a problem if we want folk sounds a bit "extreme" but it brings no convincing if one seeks to enhance the natural sound of his guitar. In other words, the ADI21 is probably not for the musician who has just invested in an electroacoustic a bit expensive.
Personally, I use it as a stomp box for a folk sound of "a little upset" to reach on foot. In fact, I could almost get the same sound by grinding the preamp board on my Folk, but it handy to have two switchable sounds.
I also use the ADI21 to add to my 12-string bass. But then, as soon as I exceed a certain limit, you can clearly hear the sound is "doctored" (but personal, it does not really bother me).

When I bought this ADI21, I was afraid to take € 39 of the window: this is absolutely not the case. Would it's because of the quality of the part ID. I am less convinced by the "effect": I think my onboard preamp would almost go so far in the possibilities "normal" settings. In addition, the ADI21 provides sound "extreme" I feel that they can quickly tire ... But just go to the website of Behringer see their demo to understand what to expect: it's very realistic about what can be achieved in real life!. Demo one might also compare with that of the acoustic Xciter on the site of Aphex, where it is understood that the desired result here is more musical ....
That said, I found a great brand like Behringer and are working to make affordable this can be. (Although a Aphex Xciter does not cost $ 80 that eventually the United States)

2 days later ...
I just test this ADI21 insert into effect in a mixer with a microphone singing as the source. I confirm that there is a systematic distortion of the sound as soon as Inrush effect. In fact, the term clearly a huge lack of awareness of the acute response beyond 6k. And put the pedal to acute back does nothing to get the sound in this frequency range. On the contrary, it reinforces the edge of the medium so acute it increases aggression instead of bringing the presence and brightness.
This explains why I could not get a well dug in the mediums with acute air both very present and very mild: it is simply impossible with the unit since it does not reproduce the necessary frequencies!
I retested the pedal in standard configuration (direct box to sound), trying to assess whether the loss of brightness and presence is really problématique.La answer is clear: yes! Even if you search for sounds with more midrange than treble (sound for Pete Townsend of The Who, for example), it is actually limited by the frequency in the abscence of course that put the sound of folk in the mix .
That said, I maintain that this pedal is worth the 39 € puique it can be used "properly" in case of no direct effect Inrush.