I use the piano since 1986, averaging 10 hours per week. Over time, this is what he can say:
- Aesthetically it is beautiful: white lacquer, large.
- Mechanically: no problem for those 20 years of play
- The sound box is good: in a modern house in the countryside, and a room of 32 m², it rings with the volume. I tried several pianos equivalent to several times and it is this aspect that struck me most.
- Averc time, some faults have occurred, but these defects less on quality than my requirements: the overall sound seems aggressive, too "radiating" and not exactly what I expect her to When I look for nuances. In the calm and pianissimos pieces (a Chopin nocturne for example), it is extremely sound. For brilliant works (dances by Granados for example), there is no room for error because it punishes fast approximations. When I play the music of the twentieth century (Debussy), I am a bit disappointed: it seems too bright.
- However, it is well to study, exercises for music of the classical period (Mozart, Haydn, Beethoven ...) and fun when you search for sounds and improvisation practice: a wrapping its serious example. I like the contrast between high and low.
- With the damper pedal, the sound becomes more subtle: it is a success, from this point of view. It better prepares to play on other pianos.
- Value for money, I think it has done its work (32000 F with purchase). I do not regret it. Today, I will opt for a piano softer and more sensitive.
1 people found this review helpful
Did you find this review helpful?yesno
jtheb's review (This content has been automatically translated from French)
The piano belongs to my parents, they had bought when I started taking classical piano lessons, there are a dozen years.
Aesthetically, it is very nice, mine is light wood finish.
I greatly appreciate its overall quality. He has a very distinctive sound, which can be both a positive or negative. It does sound as opposed to his crystalline piano (Baldwin, for example), it is best to play selections from the baroque / classical (Bach is an excellent example) and contemporary pieces (including as Debussy said above) as well as popular pieces (pop / rock). This Yamaha is a very good piano sound reliable. Mine was made around 1984-1987 I think. Certainly it should undergo some adjustments over time, but it is still going strong.
At $ 4000 CAN, I have not tried other pianos as good bill. Even my friends who own pianos Baldwin (known brand) that cost almost double the price of my Yamaha, saying they would exchange their piano against mine ...
Sure there will always be better .. (Pianos over $ 10,000)
But for pianists beginners / intermediates aspiring to a classical music training, I recommend this piano!