Fostex introduces the PX active monitors
Fostex will launch this year a new active monitors series, with two 5" PX-5 and 6" PX-6 models.
Details about the PX-6 are still to be announced, here are the preliminary features of the PX-5:
- Digital amplifier: 35W(LF) and 18W(HF) output power
- 5.2-inch Crimson woofer of aramid fiber mixed diaphragm impregnated with resin
- 1-inch Urethane film laminated polyester fiber dome tweeter tuned with back chamber
- Digital Network Filter (FIR type) linear phase filtering
- Unique rotary encoder plus LED indication
- 440 step level control by Volume/Trim adjustments
- +/-3dB by 0.3dB step tweeter level control and +/-20 step LF roll off frequency adjustment Auto Standby / Auto Operation Function for electric power saving
- Fade In function to gradually increase the output level when powering on
- Frequency Response 20Hz to 20kHz (+/-2dB)
The PX-5 monitor will be available during Q1 2013, no information about the retail price. Visit www.fostexinternational.com for more.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Aphex Microphone X USB mic announced Aphex adds to its catalog the Microphone X USB condenser microphone equipped with the processing technologies the brand is known for.
- [NAMM] 500 Series format SM Pro Audio PEQ505 SM Pro Audio introduced at NAMM the new PEA505 5-band parametric equalizer for the 500 Series lunchboxes.
- [NAMM] MXL and Acoustica create a studio bundle Microphone manufacturer MXL and software editor Acoustica collaborated on the Mixcraft 6 Vocal Studio bundle.