TC Electronic Megareverb

All user reviews for the TC Electronic Megareverb

1 user review
  • TC Electronic MegareverbPublié le 03/09/10 à 19:17
    The TC Electronic Megaverb TDM/HD is an in depth reverb plug-in, designed for use with Pro Tools HD and other TDM systems. I don't know if there is an LE/native version, but I can only assume so. I didn't have anything to do with the installation of this plug-in, as it was already installed on the studio's computer once I got there. However, I can talk about the interface of the plug-in and getting to know how to use it, which for me wasn't difficult. If you have ever used a TC Electronic reverb plug-in before, this will seem pretty familiar to you, as it has a lot of the same types of parameters and settings. You've got sections for controlling the shape, size, and wall diffusion of the virtual room, as well as a high cut filter, decay, and pre-delays. There are also more standard parameters like mix, input and output level, I/R balance, tail balance, and stereo width, so as you can see there is a ton of control available with Megaverb. Even though there is a lot going on, it is all pretty self explanatory and user friendly, so I don't think that you need a manual at all.

Being that this is a TDM plug-in, the TC Electronic Megaverb doesn't run on your computer and will only run off of your HD systems processing power. For this reason, I can't say that I had any problems at all running the plug-in in the Pro Tools HD system that I used it in. I always run reverbs and delays on auxiliary channels anyway to limit the amount of processing power being used, regardless of if I'm using it in HD or LE. I'd suggest doing this, but if you have this TDM version of Megaverb, you're probably going to be fine either way.

There are certainly a high number of reverb plug-ins to choose from out there, and while the TC Electronic Megaverb TDM/HD plug-in isn't my favorite, it is definitely still worthy of a look. It has a very clean sound quality that can be manipulated in all sorts of different ways. I do however think that the plug-in is a little bit overpriced, as there are some plug-ins out there for the same price and cheaper that I like using better. If you are a home or professional studio owner looking for a reverb plug-in, I'd definitely suggest trying out as many different ones as possible, including TC Electronic's Megaverb.