Create an account

(1 reviews)
(1 review)
  • moosersmoosers

TC Electronic MegareverbPublished on 03/09/10 at 19:17
    The TC Electronic Megaverb TDM/HD is an in depth reverb plug-in, designed for use with Pro Tools HD and other TDM systems. I don't know if there is an LE/native version, but I can only assume so. I didn't have anything to do with the installation of this plug-in, as it was already installed on the studio's computer once I got there. However, I can talk about the interface of the plug-in and getting to know how to use it, which for me wasn't difficult. If you have ever used a TC Electronic reverb plug-in before, this will seem pretty familiar to you, as it has a lot of the same types of parameters and settings. You've got sections for controlling the shape, size, and wall diffusion of the virtual room, as well as a high cut filter, decay, and pre-delays. There are also more standard parameters like mix, input and output level, I/R balance, tail balance, and stereo width, so as you can see there is a ton of control available with Megaverb. Even though there is a lot going on, it is all pretty self explanatory and user friendly, so I don't think that you need a manual at all.

Being that this is a TDM plug-in, the TC Electronic Megaverb doesn't run on your computer and will only run off of your HD systems processing power. For this reason, I can't say that I had any problems at all running the plug-in in the Pro Tools HD system that I used it in. I always run reverbs and delays on auxiliary channels anyway to limit the amount of processing power being used, regardless of if I'm using it in HD or LE. I'd suggest doing this, but if you have this TDM version of Megaverb, you're probably going to be fine either way.

There are certainly a high number of reverb plug-ins to choose from out there, and while the TC Electronic Megaverb TDM/HD plug-in isn't my favorite, it is definitely still worthy of a look. It has a very clean sound quality that can be manipulated in all sorts of different ways. I do however think that the plug-in is a little bit overpriced, as there are some plug-ins out there for the same price and cheaper that I like using better. If you are a home or professional studio owner looking for a reverb plug-in, I'd definitely suggest trying out as many different ones as possible, including TC Electronic's Megaverb.

Audience analysis (Google Analytics)
Advertising (Google Ads)
Marketing (Meta Pixel)

On our websites, we use the Meta Pixel. The Meta Pixel is a remarketing pixel implemented on our websites that allows us to target you directly via the Meta Network by serving ads to visitors of our websites when they visit the social networks Facebook and Instagram. The meta pixel are code snippets which are able to identify your browser type via the browser ID - the individual fingerprint of your browser - and to recognise that you have visited our websites and what exactly you have looked at on our websites. When you visit our websites, the pixel establishes a direct connection to Meta's servers. Meta is able to identify you by your browser ID, as this is linked to other data about you stored by Meta on your Facebook or Instagram user account. Meta then delivers individualised ads from us on Facebook or on Instagram that are tailored to your needs.

We ourselves are not in a position to identify you personally via the meta pixel, as apart from your browser ID no other data is stored with us via the pixel.

For more information about the Meta Pixel, the details of data processing via this service and Meta's privacy policy, please visit Meta Privacy Policy - How Meta collects and uses user data for Facebook and Meta Privacy Policy - How Meta collects and uses user data for Instagram.

Meta Platforms Ireland Ltd. is a subsidiary of Meta Platforms, Inc. based in the USA. It cannot be ruled out that your data collected by Facebook will also be transmitted to the USA.

Audience analysis (Google Analytics)

Advertising (Google Ads)