< Tous les avis Waldorf Pulse 2

128x64 backlit LCD character
8 stainless steel knobs
500 Sound Programs
Electron-absorbing black box

Simple configuration, a well thought out interface (inspired by Blofeld) and a bit of logic possible to go very fast in the sound design.
The module therefore has all the characteristics of an analog subtractive synthesizer, the big plus is well into its pesky paraphonic modes (I really do not understand this magic, but it works very well).

Access to functions is via the matrix interface copied to the "Blofeld" digital module and the most common functions implemented by logical groups can be found (osc / lfo / env / arp / vcf / vca) via d &#39;button dedicated access to the left of each section.
The set is quite successful, and programming is really fluid.

The lfos and envelopes are also very successful, the LFO&#39;s have a working width very comfortable and are suddenly very versatile.
No big fancy Roland in envelopes but different modes of loopage those above, which opens up the field of possible benefit when we know that the envelopes are also used as source (or destination) for the modulation matrix .

The modulation matrix is ​​the secret garden of the desktop, you must have a great imagination to say that they have toured the capacity of the equipment, it is not possible for me to give the details here, I think you me understand, but basically everything (or almost) can be modulated by all (or almost).

However, and this is the big HIC, use, redundant bugs appear, especially at (and this is not new to waldorf) arpeggiator which on paper offers downright lethal functions ( almost between the sequencer and arpeggiator, in fact, as the blofeld, a little). Basically impossible to stall peacefully with other machines noon, he went to lollipop. In addition, it is sometimes necessary (for me) to send cc123 because sometimes notes are maintained.

The access to various menus "global" "utility" and others will be done through a button that serves style "shift", they are also quite fluid and it does not take itself cabbage looking for ages, although the system input preset name is not the most practical.

Screen printing is very pretty but impractical, I do not compose my music under a neon surgical operating room, in a cozy environment there not see much, ca can be a hassle if you do not have to loupiotte extra pincer (ikea, super convenient 9 balls) in benefits.

I do not know how the animal responds to the large flow of info pm (if it is controlled externally with a bcr for example), this is a point that few have its importance, however, given the small problems and sync notes held.

Wholesale BIG (big) sound, which should probably many lovers of the synthesis. The paraphonic modes are unstoppable, what a pleasure to play chords with an analog at this price! The color of this synth is pretty good mast, both modern and vintage as it sounds a beautiful gray mast and can happen to scrape too, thanks to its distortion (drive) to the filter ass.

The speed of lfos also provides a kind of saturation, which may be a function of the violent waveform chosen for lfo.

The pulse also has a noise generator that works wonders on the sounds of snares type hats or sfx example.

In terms of bass sounds, I feel like an old synth "Update" in terms of grain, I am a big candy case with "square", I&#39;m really difficult, frankly here is clean powerful, well-defined and bold at the same time and sometimes it crackles a little if you want, congratulations to the Teutonic firm (I like saying that!)

I like especially the rendering of pads and other non-static sounds, the Pulse is great comfort in this register also, it will fedora (can be choruser with lfos) to post apocalyptic if desired, thank you modulations and distortion, as well as the filter and the noise generator. We can find hot coldness of some old Roland synth also in ground and stretched sounds (thank you paraphonie) with this modern side more.

Special mention to the filter section whose very distinctive grain and different modes allow for a wide field of possibilities filtering, remaining always musical and "creamy" if you know what I mean. I tried a volcanic beat and 707 in the input and the lfo matched the tempo, it&#39;s great for stutteriser, especially if pti analog delay like the memory boy Derche on hold!

It will be comfortable in current production, no doubt, but given its presence, we can find next to instruments loaded in the spectrum, such as electric guitars, it will not sound riquiqui in the mix, rather .

Desktop format does not suit me particularly, but considering its price, its sonic possibilities and finally the rugged look he has is a synth that I use very often. As usual, I (a little, sir) open to see inside, we do not laugh at us in terms of finish, everything is well thought out, the MB is super charged ( size forces) so I do not amuse myself soldering but the whole exudes confidence, I do not know about you, but me being reassured ben ca reassures me!

In conclusion, we can blame the team to Germany to defeat the flanks death of their 2 cousins ​​Sync modules (Blofeld / Pulse), but it stops about there. For the rest, it&#39;s a Swiss Army knife luxury that Pulse 2, a bit like the "leatherman" synthesis, which as always with Waldorf particular person, although it can sometimes be confused with a classic .
The synth sounds so strong as it looks and its great potential for manipulation make it comfortable in many registers (funk, techno, hip hop, rock, jazz etc. ..) Its color and its grain although very Waldorf (cold / warm gray mast) sounds a bit different from other synth brand. The module fits particularly well in a mix which also allows this beast to be the "lead" a track to Gesloten Circle (Twisted Balloon) or Dj Overdose Housing (The House), for those who know.

In my eyes this is a must-have.