L-ACOUSTICS introduced several new electro-acoustic features for its K Platform at Prolight & Sound Frankfurt 2009.
As well as the new generation of K line source arrays – KUDO and the forthcoming K1 – the K platform also includes:
- The LA-RAK touring rack fitted with LA8 amplified controller
- LA-NETWORK MANAGER control software
“The K platform upgrades will also benefit L-ACOUSTICS’ established XT, ARCS, KIVA, KUDO, dV-DOSC ranges and subwoofers, having a significant impact on their performance, reliability and flexibility.
New LA8 Power Management Engine For 20% More Power
Power resources on the LA8 amplified controller have been unleashed and optimised for live sound signals with high dynamic range, ” according to the company.
The LA8 power characteristics are said to be boosted by 1.5 dB for LF and subwoofer channels. The new power management engine can be installed with a simple firmware upgrade and preset library update from the L-ACOUSTICS website at www.l-acoustics.com.
New Kudo “25 Hz” Mode
The KUDO system is said to now deliver a “staggering” LF performance thanks to a new 25 Hz HP mode which:
- “Exploits the full potential of the rear bass reflex vents phase in the region below 50 Hz”
- “Exploits the new LA8 power management engine for improved LF reproduction”
The company says KUDO “not only benefits from the latest LA8 preset library, but furthermore takes full advantage of the resources of its LF section.” Using a similar design approach to its sibling K1 stadium system, KUDO features an exceptionally extended bandwidth for:
- “A ”one source", coherent sonic experience – frequencies traditionally covered by subwoofers are handled by the line array"
- “A significant or even total reduction of the need for subwoofers”
Release Of New LA-Network Manager V 1.2
The new version of the LA-NETWORK MANAGER for LA4 and LA8/LA RAK feature updates including:
- A new Hybrid Preset design tool for building custom presets
- New Source Matrix for increased I/O routing flexibility
- Group muting to improve system set-up and monitoring during tuning
- New EQ section and Array Morphing
New EQ Section And Array Morphing
The new LA-NETWORK MANAGER EQ section and Array Morphing tool utilise new filter algorithms in the LA8 amplified controller. Array Morphing is designed to allow the user to virtually control characteristics affecting the resulting system frequency response (array size, listening distance, splay angle).
Array Morphing applications include:
- Adjust the frequency response of a line source array and compensate for different array geometries and conditions of use.
- Provide the same sonic signature to all L-ACOUSTICS® line source systems used in the same installation, and approach a reference standardized frequency response when desirable.
- Offer frequency response flexibility to adapt to various applications: from speech & classical music (“flat” response) to live rock music (“enhanced LF response”).
The EQ Section and Array Morphing tool are embedded in LA-NETWORK MANAGER V1.2 and can be downloaded from the L-ACOUSTICS website.
Check out www.l-acoustics.com for more details and full product specs.
Viewers of this article also read...
- [MUSIKMESSE] JBL M20 JBL adds the M20, a dual 10" stage monitor, to its VTX M Series.
- [MUSIKMESSE] JBL EON One JBL introduces EON One, a new portable, all-in-one PA system.
- [MUSIKMESSE] Korg Stageman 80 Korg presents the Stageman 80, a sort of mix between a guitar amp, a portable PA system and a groovebox.